Holidays 2020

Soldato
Supposed to be off to Vietnam Saturday but they have now effectively banned UK visitors

Reports are insurers are paying out as it's a visa issue and that's customer problem

They have said UK visitors now cant enter under Visa waiver prob and they aren't giving UK people Visa

Fortunately my main flights are in and out of BKK so I can rescue something and some hotels are cancellable but I still stand the be over £1k out of pocket if they don't pay

If this is true its very concerning, because they still seem to be operating a visa on arrival scheme for UK passport holders.

So are there reports of people applying online and getting refused?

I am supposed to be travelling there for work in 10 days.

On another note I am still holding fire with my US vacation in around 5 weeks time. Sure things can change rapidly by then, but at the moment.......no change.

I am however considering cancelling our cruise in April, Royal Caribbean are claiming they have comprehensive measures in place but recent news seems to indicate that its a one way ticket to getting the virus if you go on one.
Or failing that having quarantine at sea because someone else got it.

Living in India, things seem to be moving pretty slowly here, there are a number of cases in South India, Delhi and Pune but not anywhere near the numbers we are seeing elsewhere. I would like to believe that this information is true, however realistically speaking the low reporting numbers are probably more related to a poor infrastructure than any indication of reality.

Soldato
?

I'd love to get stuck in Lindvallen!

Oh and:-

It doesn't really affect kids so it's not a great danger to them, and we have too many old people - might end up being some cheap cruise deals next year :D:D:D:D:D

So why are they shutting schools, you do realise young people suffer with underlying medical conditions as well and could be at risk.

Don
If this is true its very concerning, because they still seem to be operating a visa on arrival scheme for UK passport holders.

So are there reports of people applying online and getting refused?

I am supposed to be travelling there for work in 10 days.

On another note I am still holding fire with my US vacation in around 5 weeks time. Sure things can change rapidly by then, but at the moment.......no change.

I am however considering cancelling our cruise in April, Royal Caribbean are claiming they have comprehensive measures in place but recent news seems to indicate that its a one way ticket to getting the virus if you go on one.
Or failing that having quarantine at sea because someone else got it.

Living in India, things seem to be moving pretty slowly here, there are a number of cases in South India, Delhi and Pune but not anywhere near the numbers we are seeing elsewhere. I would like to believe that this information is true, however realistically speaking the low reporting numbers are probably more related to a poor infrastructure than any indication of reality.

yes Visa on Arrival is suspended for British passport holders

Caporegime
Wedding in Italy in June, followed by another in Spain in July. Already found out a friend of a friend has cancelled their wedding in Italy, also in June.

Still time for things to settle but not overly hopeful about June.

Soldato
Wedding in Italy in June, followed by another in Spain in July. Already found out a friend of a friend has cancelled their wedding in Italy, also in June.

Still time for things to settle but not overly hopeful about June.
June is a long way away if things are still really bad in three months time then the death toll in Europe (including the UK) will be astronomic.

Soldato
I'm off to Seville in May for 4 nights, Copenhagen in the Summer at some point and Italy in September. Fingers crossed that Corona virus hasn't ruined all the fun at that point.

Caporegime
June is a long way away if things are still really bad in three months time then the death toll in Europe (including the UK) will be astronomic.
Yeah one would assume Italy will be well past their peak bad times, less so for us perhaps but still months away.

Keen to know why the friend of the friend cancelled theirs seeing as it was in the same month (my friend's wedding is still on and they aren't making any decisions until at least the deadline in early April for flying to Italy).

Soldato
Yeah one would assume Italy will be well past their peak bad times, less so for us perhaps but still months away.

Keen to know why the friend of the friend cancelled theirs seeing as it was in the same month (my friend's wedding is still on and they aren't making any decisions until at least the deadline in early April for flying to Italy).
Guess it depends on how much cash you have committed if it's just a few deposits and cancelling early means you only loose those I can see the temptation or maybe they had insurance that agreed to payout so they decided to dodge the risk.

Don
We're supposed to be visiting Malta over the Easter break.. I'm keeping a very watchful eye on the travel restrictions that get put in place. Especially as it seems travel insurance are playing hard are not paying out.

Permabanned
We're supposed to be visiting Malta over the Easter break.. I'm keeping a very watchful eye on the travel restrictions that get put in place. Especially as it seems travel insurance are playing hard are not paying out.

Would the atol cover this though if it's a package holiday

Associate
Florida early June, im gettting concerned and hoping it will have started to die off before then. I have vegas in September which im not worried about.

Soldato
Looking for advice on a few places i've never been - South Korea, Okinawa Islands, Taiwan, Sri Lanka, Nepal, Malaysian Borneo

Total trip in my head:

Bali
Malaysian Borneo
Taiwan
Japan Okinawa Islands
South Korea
Japan
Sri Lanka
Nepal
??? for one month
Bali for flight home

This is my rough agenda for four months of travel. Sorry for the long list but i'd appreciate any notes on too long / too short in terms to days staying

Code:
19 MAR - Arrive in Bali
20 MAR - Chill (Canggu) No activity
21 MAR - Chill (Canggu) No activity
22 MAR - Chill (Canggu) No activity
23 MAR - Chill (Canggu) Ubud Day trip?
24 MAR - Chill (canggu) Mountain bike ride?
25 MAR - Travel to Gili air
26 MAR - Gili Air
27 MAR - Gili Air
28 MAR - Travel to Bali and from port straight to Nusa Lembongan
29 MAR - Nusa Lembongan
30 MAR - Nusa Lembongan
31 MAR - Nusa Lembongan
01 APR - Travel back to Bali
02 APR - Uluwatu
03 APR - Uluwatu
04 APR - Uluwatu
05 APR - ????
06 APR - ????
07 APR - ????
08 APR - ????
09 APR - ????
10 APR -  ????
11 APR -  ????
12 APR - Fly to borneo
13 APR - Borneo
14 APR - Borneo
15 APR - Borneo
16 APR - Borneo 
17 APR - Brunei
18 APR - Flight to Taiwan
19 APR - Taiwan
20 APR - Taiwan
21 APR - Taiwan
22 APR - Taiwan     
24 APR - Taiwan to Okinawa
25 APR  - Okinawa 
26 APR  - Okinawa 
27 APR  - Okinawa 
28 APR  - Okinawa 
29 APR -  Okinawa
30 APR - Fly to South Korea for SK & Japan leg
01 May - South Korea
02 May - South Korea
03 May - South Korea
04 May - South Korea
05 May - South Korea
06 May - South Korea
07 May - Travel to Japan
08 May - Japan
09 May - Japan
10 May - Japan
11 May - Japan
12 May - Japan
13 May - Japan
14 May - Japan
15 May - Japan
16 May - Japan
17 May - Andy Leave
18 May - Japan
19 May - Japan
20 May - Japan
21 May - Japan
22 May - Travel to Sri Lanka
23 May - Sri Lanka
24 May - Sri Lanka
25 May - Sri Lanka
26 May - Sri Lanka
27 May - Sri Lanka
28 May - Sri Lanka
29 May - Sri Lanka
30 May - Sri Lanka
31 May - Sri Lanka
01 JUN - Sri Lanka
02 JUN - Sri Lanka
03 JUN - Sri Lanka
04 JUN - Sri Lanka
05 JUN - Sri Lanka
06 JUN - Sri Lanka
07 JUN - Sri Lanka
08 JUN - Sri Lanka
09 JUN - Sri Lanka
10 JUN - Sri Lanka
11 JUN - Sri Lanka
12 JUN - Sri Lanka
13 JUN - Sri Lanka
14 JUN - Sri Lanka
15 JUN - Sri Lanka
16 JUN - Travel to Nepal
17 JUN - Nepal
18 JUN - Nepal
19 JUN - Nepal
20 JUN - Nepal
21 JUN - Nepal
22 JUN - Nepal
23 JUN - Nepal
24 JUN - Nepal to ???
-One month empty- Thailand, more Bali, etc
23 JUL - Fly home from Bali

My wife has put together a guide for Sri Lanka following our honeymoon there last year, could add a bit of insight for you - http://thehappykamper.com/sri-lanka-itinerary-what-to-see-in-two-weeks/

Soldato
Yeah I'm a bit nervous about my month long California road trip is September, hoping this has all blown over by then.

Back
Top Bottom