Anyone Recommend a Powerful 12V or Cordless Vaccuum?

Associate
As title really.

I have no driveway or convenient parking so it's very difficult to use a mains powered vaccuum for my car - I need two extension reels down the length of the garden and over a wall at the end to reach it. Consequently, I only clean the car very rarely. What with the dog and daily walks in the lovely English mud it doesn't take long for the car to get filthy.

I've tried a couple of cordless vacs in the past but they were very disappointing in terms of suction and didn't last long. I don't have a particular budget and I'm prepared to spend money to get a good model so I'd be interested if anyone has any recommendations please.

Thanks.

Soldato
My gf has a handheld Dyson of some sort which is actually really good for doing the car with. Can't remember the model, sorry, but looks like an older version of the v7 on their website. Wasn't cheap I don't think.

I had a cheapish vax one once which was pretty mediocre.

Soldato
Can't beat the Dyson IMO

Not cheap but we've had ours 3 years (V7) & its still going great with no loss of battery capacity.
Think we paid £250 for it, does the whole house on one charge & has enough tools/add ons for all the awkward bits on the car.

Associate
Why not just pay the guys at the polish car wash to clean the inside?
When I had a dog I used to take my estate there just to have the inside clean as their vaccum got the hairs out the carpets much easier than mine at home. Cost £4 I think.

Associate
OP
Why not just pay the guys at the polish car wash to clean the inside?
When I had a dog I used to take my estate there just to have the inside clean as their vaccum got the hairs out the carpets much easier than mine at home. Cost £4 I think.

Ha ha! I'm not sure we have one close enough and I was thinking I could use it for the stairs too, if it's a cordless model.

Thanks for the suggestion though.

Soldato
Dyson v7 doesn't seem to have a flexible hoze you can add attachments too, or is that a necessary additional cost?
... without that, how do you get the dexterity to get under the car seats and in the gaps between seats, without gymnastics with the cleaner body

Soldato
I wouldnt get the Dyson V7 unless you like cleaning dust out of a stupidly designed system. I've had the dysons, now have a shark and its better in everyway.

Soldato
Had a dyson v7
And some one gave me a v11 barely used:D:D
Despite my explaining to them they were using the wrong attachments
For what they were doing
They just went and bought a different vacuum and insisted I take the v11
Out of their sight
Under 10 quid for a compatible flexible extension off ebay for the car
The v11 wins easily due to battery life
Before even considering performance

Associate
OP
Thanks all for the comments. I've been looking at a refurbished V10 Absolute. Will do for the house and car. It looks like you can buy a flexible extension hose to help with getting under the seats etc..

I'll also take a look at the Shark models.

Soldato
I've got a Dyson V7 which is decent enough for cleaning performance but I find it needs to be on max power mode to do a good job. Unfortunately this means I get somewhere between 5 and 10 minutes of runtime which is fine for a relatively quick clean here and there but not ideal for a filthy car. I've also got a cordless Henry with two battery packs which is great. It's obviously more bulky than the Dysons but it does a good job on the cars after the V7's battery is flat.

Really don't know why Dyson don't make the battery packs easily removable. Having two batteries with some kind of quick swap capability would be ideal - the previous cordless Dysons before the V range came out had this (like the DC34), so why they went for the current semi-fixed setup I don't know.

Back
Top Bottom