Civils £750.00
Stores £3,849.00
BT Connection Charge £495.00
Deduction £-900.00
Field Survey charge paid £-250.00

Total

£9,066.00 +VAT

Then £120.00 P/M for 12 months

I also had updated costs from TT for a leased line, which is coming in at around 376+ VAT P/M but a free install.

I'm going to have a think about this for the rest of the week but my FTTC line is pretty much unsable for WFH now as it took 2 hours to move a 7GB file around.

Soldato
So FTTPoD costs came back into today:

Labour £5,122.00
Contract Labour £0.00
Civils £750.00
Stores £3,849.00
BT Connection Charge £495.00
Deduction £-900.00
Field Survey charge paid £-250.00

Total

£9,066.00 +VAT

Then £120.00 P/M for 12 months

I also had updated costs from TT for a leased line, which is coming in at around 376+ VAT P/M but a free install.

I'm going to have a think about this for the rest of the week but my FTTC line is pretty much unsable for WFH now as it took 2 hours to move a 7GB file around.

no brainer go TT - faster uploads and the first year cost will be lower than your first year with bt - Then re negotiate with talk talk or go elsewhere...

Caporegime
The TalkTalk leased line costs will probably be a three year contract, and won't give you the option to pick a standard FTTP service after year one.

Caporegime
Just a thought, if you live in a street and go ahead with FTTPoD, does that then make it cheaper for everyone else in your street to get it installed?

Any premises passed will show FTTP availability once your installation is complete. This will be any property that can be served from the same CBT, so it's limited to buildings connected to the same pole or pavement chamber.

RSR

RSR

Soldato
The TalkTalk leased line costs will probably be a three year contract, and won't give you the option to pick a standard FTTP service after year one.
Correct.

376 +vat for 300/300 on 1Gb bearer
309 +vat for 100/100 on 1Gb bearer
275 +vat for 100/100 on 100Mb bearer

Free install though but as above it’s a 36 month contract.

RSR

RSR

Soldato
I'm really not sure which way to go at the moment, I have moved my line over to AA ISP so I how to wait for DML to settle.

I had this reply from Openreach to throw another spanner in the works, which throws another spanner in the works.

Thanks for getting in touch with us about fibre broadband availability in your area.

I've looked into your query and can see that the cabinet that you're connected to hasn't yet been upgraded for fibre broadband.

The good news is that your postcode is in our plans to install our Fibre to the Premises (FTTP) technology in this area. This is a complex technology for us to install, but it delivers ultrafast speeds.

If all goes according to the plan and we don't come across any unexpected surprises, we hope to complete the work and start taking orders by December 2020. But I should add that this is likely to change if we come across any issues along the planned cable route.

My advice to you is to keep checking our website for updates. When FTTP is available and orders can be accepted, the information will be shown here:

https://www.homeandbusiness.openreach.co.uk/fibre-broadband/when-can-i-get-fibre

Once the work is complete you can find a list of Service providers who offer ultrafast broadband here:

https://www.homeandbusiness.openrea...ltrafast-broadband/ultrafast-fibre-buy-it-now

I'm sorry I don't have better news for you at the moment. But I hope my comments will help to explain our current position and give you a possible solution that you may wish to explore in future.

I guess my options are:

AA ISP - T-Shoot FTTC - £45 P/M & Maybe a fresh phoneline install.
Wait to see if Openreach roll out FTTP in the next 8 months or so
FTTPoD - £10800~ + £120 P/M - 330/30 - So total cost over 36 months is £15,120
TTB LL - £450~ P/M - 300/300 - So the total cost would be £16200
TTB LL - £370~ P/M - 100/100 - So the total cost would be £13320

Caporegime
I’d be tempted to let A&A do their thing while you wait for FTTP, maybe combine with 4G for pushing files around assuming there’s a network in your area that serves you well.

The extreme option would be using an Amazon Workspaces virtual desktop and connecting to it over 4G for eight months but it would solve your home working issue. You’d be kicking yourself if you got into a 36 month leased line contract and six months later you could get fibre broadband.

RSR

RSR

Soldato
I’d be tempted to let A&A do their thing while you wait for FTTP, maybe combine with 4G for pushing files around assuming there’s a network in your area that serves you well.

The extreme option would be using an Amazon Workspaces virtual desktop and connecting to it over 4G for eight months but it would solve your home working issue. You’d be kicking yourself if you got into a 36 month leased line contract and six months later you could get fibre broadband.

That’s what I have been thinking as well to be honest. I have been thinking about getting AA ISP to get a fresh line including drop line installed.

4G is hit and miss, some times it works really well others not so much.

The external access via Amazon etc.. wouldn’t be possible, due to a number of reasons which I won’t go into on here. We do have jump boxes at work but they are heavily locked down and don’t have access to everything. They are very heavy on security.

That said the line looks to have come backup to 49Mb now over night from 36Mb. So that’s a step in the right direction.

Associate
We're getting FTTP on our street as part of the BDUK rollout, roadworks started back end of Jan, CBT went up on the pole mid Feb and they were outside my house down the duct pulling/blowing fibre on 19th Feb. A couple of further roadworks have gone on down the road the last couple of weekends with some more scheduled for this sunday.

I guess the sensible answer will be how longs a piece of string, but whats a likely scenario for when we'll be able to order based on the above?

Having suffered 2mb and then unreliable 4g since 2016, the install day will be joyous.

Back
Top Bottom