• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Radeon RX 5700 XT Owners Thread.

Soldato
Went with the aorus one was going to get the normal gigabyte one but then saw this

dont forget to register for the 4th yr online with Aorus !

unboxing did a cracking review on the card. Might have to grab and experiment with better thermal pads for Ram temps , middle of the pack but coolest core temp .

Associate
Hey Peeps Looking for a little but of help just got my 5700 xt rog but when am playing games it gives me a green screen and i have to reboot my system has anyone else had these problems

Associate
RE: WINDOWS UPDATES
Nitro SE

Latest drivers fixed my problem with fans/profile not sticking after restart. Fantastic! Only real problem I've had....So happy!

Windows updates, 11th i think. Gpu fan full pelt, like a jet engine. Fine after a restart, or so I think. Home tonight, left pc on while out, it's running like a jet engine again and another windows update pending. I also had updated in between, I think.

Anyone having problems last few days with the windows updates?

Soldato
FYI any complains about AMD Navi issues, might be sitting squarly on the current WDDM.
Because people with issues either upgraded to the Insider 2020 with the new 2.7 version or moved back to W7 and the issues dissapeared.

and I quote
Another PC enthusiast-oriented feature of Windows 10 2004 (20H1) is an update to the Desktop Window Manager (DWM) that brings improved multiple monitor support when two monitors have mismatched refresh rates. For example, if you have a main gaming monitor running at a high refresh rate and a secondary display running at 60Hz, usually Windows would stutter and show frame-skips, but with hardware-accelerated GPU scheduling in WDDM 2.7, this seems to have been solved.

Associate
Since I got my 144hz Monitor, been having the 1750 Vcore stuck & High Power-Con on desktop idle temps goes to 60c & then the fans start then stop then start
Only way ii found is to set the refresh to 60hz
kIQ19La.jpg

Caporegime
Since I got my 144hz Monitor, been having the 1750 Vcore stuck & High Power-Con on desktop idle temps goes to 60c & then the fans start then stop then start
Only way ii found is to set the refresh to 60hz
kIQ19La.jpg

It's due to the Vertical blank timing on the display. This will vary from display to display, but you'll find that most 75hz and 144hz displays have a vertical blank time that does not allow memory clock switch.

This is expected and not a driver bug.

Same thing at 120Hz?
I suspect the vertical blank timing will be higher at 120hz so memory clock switching should be possible.

Back
Top Bottom