**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S20 Family Thread ****

Soldato
Benchmark scores. Day to day usage no one can tell the difference. Look at the mid range phones on cheaper chipsets, they are still plenty fast enough...

It's battery I care about, got burned way too badly with S10e and it's just awful now. Knowing there's basically same but better product out there is just an extra slap in the face I need to move away from Samsung.

Soldato
S20 Ultra turned up today, despite trying it out in a shop a couple of weeks ago - it was still surprising how chunky it feels. Makes my Note 10 feel like a plastic toy in comparison.

No other thoughts on it yet as not had enough time with it.

Associate
Guys i am having a strange issue with my ultra and my galaxy 46mm lte watch. on my note 10 i seamless got all notifications on my watch ect ect but on my ultra it does not seem as fluid. unless its something i am doing wrong. i even made sure to reset eh watch when adding it to my ultra. it just seems hit and miss atm.

One other thing is my samsung wireless buds (cant wait to get the new buds+ when they get shipped) the Bluetooth on the ultra seems a lot better than it was on amy note 9 i am not getting any drop outs what so ever but on my note 9 it would drop out a couple of times now and again. does anyone know if they updated the Bluetooth on the ultra ?

EDIT : Oh and how i miss the notification light also from my note 9. yes i know you can make the screen flash or even the camera flash flash. but yea i really miss it lol

Soldato
So far am getting good enough battery, its lasting me a day. The fact it charges so fast I really don't understand the big deal with battery.

20 mins = 50% are people really away from a plug socket all day? Lol

Associate
Apparently Samsung have already stopped the 512gb ultras and theres only 128gb now. Good job I got in early!

Is this true? If so where did you hear this?

I keep seeing phone sites saying stock is expected in weeks, I guess this depends on the current situations around the globe, if production and supply can continue.

Associate

Thanks, and i did actually do this. All easy and painless. So £120 cashback from Quidco, and £280 instore trade in for the Note 9, making my S20+ £600.

I'm actually also glad i did this rather than pay full price as i think overall i would be dissapointed if i paid the £1k. As we all know now these phones are mainly evolution, not revolution. The big difference is the screen and 120Hz display (which are amazing), but at 60hz it doesnt feel overly more snappy than the note 9 did. It is slightly smaller overall and lighter, and the the screen/body ratio looks impressive.

Im still in the settling down period battery wise, but my god it's awful so far. But will reserve full judgement after a few days and things settle down.

I'm not slating the phone, its an impressive piece of kit, but of course the note 9 was and it has stood the test of time very well, and people will probably say why did you swap then. Well software plays a big part, the note 9 probably wont see another major android release, and obviously the S20 will now see at least another 2 revisions, and i just took advantage of the discounts and trade in bump up for the S20. I'm just saying we are long past the days where we should expect miracles when a new phone is released. So at £600 the S20+ was a good buy and I'm a massive tech nerd / phone nerd and i used to be serial phone swapper, sometimes twice a year in the early days when we had those revolutionary phones coming out left right and centre, but i'm now only really swapping due to just having the itch to swap, and wanting to be up to date with the latest android releases.

Oh i think someone said earlier they really missed their LED notifications on the note 9, i do too. Didnt realise how much i used it until it was gone :D

Back
Top Bottom