**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S20 Family Thread ****

Soldato
I got my S20+ a couple of days ago, really liking it, not as bulky as my work S10 5g phone.

I used the 50% off code late last night, my AKG Y500 have just been delivered, brilliant service, cans aren't bad either ;)

Soldato
My first weekend and I put my phone on charge Thursday night around 10pm.
Played games, chrome, Spotify, twitter, Facebook, YouTube.
I got just under 5 hours screen on time.

I don't really like the Samsung battery app tbh HTC was much better.

Last edited:
Soldato
Is this true? If so where did you hear this?

I keep seeing phone sites saying stock is expected in weeks, I guess this depends on the current situations around the globe, if production and supply can continue.

From the horses mouth, Samsung. Shrug to weather it is final or not who knows.

So im wanting a S20+, and i have seen Quidco are doing £120 cashback through carphone warehouse and CPW are also offer £180 trade plus another £100 if you trade for an S20 range phone. Will they let you stack up?

As by my reckoning i can get one for £600 once everyone has paid me back

Can you please signpost me to where on CPW web site you get the S20 Ultra out-right? I'm sight impaired and can only find it on contract (£95/month!!) but want it out-right and try and get the same discounts that you had. I'm familiar with Quidco.

Soldato
Can you please signpost me to where on CPW web site you get the S20 Ultra out-right? I'm sight impaired and can only find it on contract (£95/month!!) but want it out-right and try and get the same discounts that you had. I'm familiar with Quidco.

Here you go:

https://www.carphonewarehouse.com/s....html#!colour=grey&capacity=128GB&dealType=sf

Looks like trade in is only offered on the S20 and s20+.

https://www.carphonewarehouse.com/mobiles/sim-free.html?intcmp=TOP_NAV_MOBILES_DEALTYPE_SIMF_060320

You could always use trade trade in sites:

https://www.sellmymobile.com/phones...6KvIa0PCf3tDByFG_yXrM5kTrkX30j5QaAlGjEALw_wcB

Associate

I had the S20+ too, not the ultra. The Quidco offer has also expired, it was only available Friday i believe as i cant see it now on quidco app. I saw the deal in the sun.

https://www.carphonewarehouse.com/s....html#!colour=grey&capacity=128GB&dealType=pm

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tech/11165363/save-120-galaxy-s20-order-carphone-warehouse/

Soldato
Well I am 48 hours in with the Ultra and the screen is superb, a game changer actually.
But the battery life is woeful, I took it off charge yesterday morning and put it on my desk, didn’t even use it for for over an hour. When I picked it up to go out it had lost 9% just being sat doing nothing.

I then had a call for 15 minutes, listened to Spotify for around 1 hour and read the news for another 20 mins or so and battery was at 66% by 11:30. I’ll see if it improves over the next few days but there is now way I can live with that. Very disappointing so far.

Soldato
Well I am 48 hours in with the Ultra and the screen is superb, a game changer actually.
But the battery life is woeful, I took it off charge yesterday morning and put it on my desk, didn’t even use it for for over an hour. When I picked it up to go out it had lost 9% just being sat doing nothing.

I then had a call for 15 minutes, listened to Spotify for around 1 hour and read the news for another 20 mins or so and battery was at 66% by 11:30. I’ll see if it improves over the next few days but there is now way I can live with that. Very disappointing so far.
I'm finding my battery % seems to drop quite quickly at first but then slows down. Either way I'm getting a massive improvement over my old S8

Soldato

I find it tends to calm down after a few days but if the drain continues it's worth looking in the settings to see if something is eating it, chrome is a culprit with me sometimes.

Also I find screen brightness is a massive impact.. if I turn mine up (Note 10+ 5G at present) it can die in no time.

Associate
Not rating the bundled headphones, had heard good things about AKG but not seeing it myself....

Also, When i make a call, theres a short "beep" just as it starts ringing...Wonder what that's a sign of / what it's trying to tell me?

Really enjoying the bigger screen and the camera hole cutout isn't bothering me as much as i thought it might

Back
Top Bottom