Gaming Ryzen 3000 micro ATX motherboard recommendation

Associate
Hi, i'm in the process of getting parts together for a gaming pc build and was wondering what AMD motherboard would go best with a Ryzen 7 3700x or a Ryzen 3800x

Could i please have some recommendations for a micro ATX motherboard, also 16 GB of RAM :)

I'll either be buying a RTX 2080 super or a RTX 2070 super GPU
  • Needs to be a micro motherboard to fit my current case
  • Wifi/ Bluetooth and RGB lighting is not needed, my case is not windowed
  • My budget for the motherboard's £200ish and £80ish for the 16GB of ram
  • Future proofing is needed as i would like to upgrade parts in the future
I'm not sure whether to go for the newer motherboards that use the X570 chipset or to go for one of the older boards, a recommendation of old and new would be great

Any help's appreciated

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Hi mate, you had no reply. Did you pick one anyway, and what did you pick if you did??
Hi thanks for the reply

I narrowed it down to two boards in the end, one for each chipset:
MSI B450M mortar max
and
ASRock X570M pro4

There was only one mATX X570m motherboard available at the time so that was my only choice, it had mixed reviews and was twice the price of the B450M which had good reviews so i decided to go with the MSI B450M mortar max
It's a decent board and no issues so far :) , i'll upgrade in the future to take advantage of PCIe 4 when there's more to choose from and when it's not so expensive.

Associate
OP
I'm thinking of making an m-atx pc. What other components did you use please? :)
I was thinking of that x570m mobo but yeah mixed reviews made me think twice.

:)
MB: MSI B450M mortar max
RAM: 16GB (2x8GB) Corsair Vengeance Black LPX 3600MHz
GPU: Zotac RTX 2080 super triple fan
PSU: Corsair RM750x
Storage: WD blue SN550 1TB M.2 SSD
CPU: AMD ryzen 7 3700x

no issues so far, hope this helps :)

Last edited:
Soldato
MB: MSI B450M mortar max
RAM: 16GB (2x8GB) Corsair Vengeance Black LPX 3600MHz
GPU: Zotac RTX 2080 super triple fan
PSU: Corsair RM750x
Storage: WD blue SN550 1TB M.2 SSD
CPU: AMD ryzen 7 3700x

no issues so far, hope this helps :)

Ok. Thanks for the mate. Sorry for the slow response :)

What case do you have all that in by the way? All working okay still?

Associate
OP
Ok. Thanks for the mate. Sorry for the slow response :)

What case do you have all that in by the way? All working okay still?
No problem, i have a Silverstone Fortress FT03 and yeah working well :)

It's a nice case, hard to find now though because i bought it years ago

When the weather was hot the GPU had temps of 80 :eek: which was a bit worrying but that was because i had to take out the 120mm intake fan to fit the GPU plus i'm air cooling the CPU so that's heating the case up quite a bit, i prefer air coolers though because they're more reliable/ safer (oh i'm using a Noctua NH-D14, i think there's a newer version of this out now).
A few weeks ago i bought 2 80mm fans for the bottom of the case to pull in fresh air while at the same time to blow cool air on the GPU, they do a good job (on a hot day i get max temps of 74 instead of 80, i've put resister cables on them to keep them quiet) :cool:

Most small cases out now seem to be mini-ITX, the NZXT H1's supposed to be good if you're after a small case but it's out of stock at the moment, is everywhere.

I hope you find a case that you're happy with and that your build goes well.

Here's a video review of my case:

Soldato
No problem, i have a Silverstone Fortress FT03 and yeah working well :)

It's a nice case, hard to find now though because i bought it years ago

When the weather was hot the GPU had temps of 80 :eek: which was a bit worrying but that was because i had to take out the 120mm intake fan to fit the GPU plus i'm air cooling the CPU so that's heating the case up quite a bit, i prefer air coolers though because they're more reliable/ safer (oh i'm using a Noctua NH-D14, i think there's a newer version of this out now).
A few weeks ago i bought 2 80mm fans for the bottom of the case to pull in fresh air while at the same time to blow cool air on the GPU, they do a good job (on a hot day i get max temps of 74 instead of 80, i've put resister cables on them to keep them quiet) :cool:

Most small cases out now seem to be mini-ITX, the NZXT H1's supposed to be good if you're after a small case but it's out of stock at the moment, is everywhere.

I hope you find a case that you're happy with and that your build goes well.

Here's a video review of my case:

You say about your GPU hitting 80. That is my concern with the small cases so atm I'm undecided on what to do.

Associate
OP
You say about your GPU hitting 80. That is my concern with the small cases so atm I'm undecided on what to do.
it only went that high because i took out the angled 120mm, if you take out the 120mm you're supposed to replace it with two 80mm fans, it's fine now :cool:

A AIO for the CPU should bring the temperature down quiet a bit in any case

Lian-li make some good cases

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm thinking of getting this:

PC-TU150WA ALUMINIUM MINI-ITX CASE

CODE]

Last edited:
Soldato
If your Gpu is getting hot I recomend undervolting it slightly as I managed to shave around 8c off and gained performance from the resulting higher clocks.

Back
Top Bottom