Borderlands 3

Associate
I said I'd buy it when it hit Steam and here we are.

Really don't care about it now. Or any game for that matter - just can't get excited about gaming at all :(

I can get that, been feeling the same about most games for a while. But brought Bl3 anyway because I had some friends who were getting it, one thing I have found is that playing games with people you know is much more fun. As for the game itself, it’s not bad, standard BL with its quirky humour and a large number of guns to run with.

I bought it, will be trying it very shortly. It's odd to me that the season pass is more expensive than the game.

I picked the game up from Steam for £42 with the pass included, didn’t seem a bad price considering the pass alone is £32, the game itself is heavily discounted at the moment.

Associate
Has performance improved much since release?
From what I can tell, performance does seem a bit better than it did during release.
Playing on 3440x1440 and getting an almost completely stable 59-60fps, though I did turn down a couple of bits (motion blur is off, anisotropic filter is on 8x, shadows/draw distance/foliage/environment detail are all on high, fog and screen space reflections are on medium).

FTM

FTM

Soldato
I can get that, been feeling the same about most games for a while. But brought Bl3 anyway because I had some friends who were getting it, one thing I have found is that playing games with people you know is much more fun. As for the game itself, it’s not bad, standard BL with its quirky humour and a large number of guns to run with.

I picked the game up from Steam for £42 with the pass included, didn’t seem a bad price considering the pass alone is £32, the game itself is heavily discounted at the moment.
yup 42 quid for super deluxe version made more sense to me as well

I always enjoyed the dlc they push out ( especially zombie island, was my far away favourite)

Soldato
So I've played for a little while now (13 hours). Story is turning out to be dire and most of the characters are terrible and cringy. But the gameplay and gunplay is brilliant IMO.

Currently my least favourite BL game.

Soldato
So I've played for a little while now (13 hours). Story is turning out to be dire and most of the characters are terrible and cringy. But the gameplay and gunplay is brilliant IMO.

Currently my least favourite BL game.

Yeah not even listening to story and cut scenes are 30fps so not even looking.

I have had it since release but it was major stutter for me then.

Started playing this week and can't stop playing, absolutely loving the HDR colours. It's the first game I have seen make it proper use of the new colours that HDR can do. Every level seems to bring out a new shade of colour I have never in my life seen before. It's the type of game you can crank up contrast enhancer to the max as well and it just looks stunning.

Im just picking the guns and grenades that have the most HDR colours on them. The specular highlights on the hyperian by guns are cool. loving singularity elemental grenades and I slam down on them with the girl charcters special for a colour explosion.

Also turning up the sound, it sounds great.

They have made a real effort with sound and colours.

Caporegime
I still haven't seen proper HDR yet. :( My TV only has something like 400 nits of brightness and it looks horrendous when I play in HDR. Everything has got this weird chromatic aberration look.

Soldato
I still haven't seen proper HDR yet. :( My TV only has something like 400 nits of brightness and it looks horrendous when I play in HDR. Everything has got this weird chromatic aberration look.

I think mine was around 2000 nits on release but it's been nerfed since then and is less when I use game mode but still it looks fantastic.

This game has the best hdr I have seen. You can really crank up the contrast enhancer and other settings to push put a ton of colour and it doesn't look silly.

Soldato
Is the new dlc released this week?

I bought the season pass and game when it released on epic but only started playing this week.

What did you guys think of the first DLC pack?

Back
Top Bottom