RIP Roy Hudd.. died at 83

Soldato
I thought I'd start a new RIP thread for this fellow instead of lumping him in with some nobody.

Roy Hudd, actor and comic, dies aged 83
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-51906543

I think some of his best work was on radio, though he also played in some prominent tv shows and films too. One of the old type of comedian that did clean comedy.

Here are some of his radio shows.

The News Huddlines s36e01

Sherlock Holmes And The Case Of The Clockwork Fiend

I know this kind of comedy won't be everyones cup of tea. But in his time Roy Hudd was probably one of the best workers in his era, having starred in his own shows named after himself, as well as supported many other actors and actresses coming up in the business.

Permabanned
Always got mixed up (names not faces) with Roy Hudd and Roy Kinnear who was killed falling/due to a fall from a horse during filming The Return of the Musketeers movie.

Man of Honour
*doffs hat*

He's a bit of a godfather of BBC Radio comedy. I mostly remember him from the Huddlines and the BBC Radio Christmas Panto's. Funny chap.

Permabanned
Did he used to be on some tv show that opens with him and two others (I am sure I am not thinking of The Goodies) that had them drive along the road in a old Chitty Chitty Bang Bang type car?

Soldato
Aww. He was on Tracks of my Years only last year. Surprised me by choosing Ed Sheeran's Castle on the Hill as one his tracks as he lived in the area. Had no idea what his age was but knew he must be over 70 as he's been on TV and radio forever though not so much lately presumably retired. RIP. Lovely guy the last of the old school radio comedian's.

One of the old type of comedian that did clean comedy.

Non-political too, unimaginable these days on radio without the usual Leftie ranting.

Back
Top Bottom