Trading the stockmarket (NO Referrals)

Soldato
Is it going up to 24k today still?

:p

(I realise you have posted since then, I'm just winding you up about your intial prediction :p;))

I said in an earlier post that if 22k didn't hold then it was going down.

I also posted this after that post

OK, now its gonna be a ****show!! eeek! Next few weeks are going to be very interesting and raw

24k? yea, if there is a double bottom at 20k then we are going up..

Soldato
I'm not afraid to admit I don't know everything so can somebody explain how this works ?

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...my-source-idUSKBN21329U?utm_source=reddit.com

What happens if Italy's economy comes to a halt and they can no longer pay back the bond money ? It seems like during a time like this, bonds are high risk with such uncertainty ? Do the bonds become worthless ?

Also what does Italy spend the money on ?

Soldato
Anyone else hurting right now? Pls hold me.

I'm gonna have to wait this out.
({)
I bought into Shell for the dividends a few months back, should have sold at 2000 but held as I thought it could turn around. Bought some more around 1300. What an idiot.
Threw another load of cash at a 250 tracker at about 18000 instead of selling. Complete madness and it’s cost me a lot, now I don’t know whether to sell invade it drops more or just forget it and wait until it’s over.

Soldato
I'm not afraid to admit I don't know everything so can somebody explain how this works ?

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...my-source-idUSKBN21329U?utm_source=reddit.com

What happens if Italy's economy comes to a halt and they can no longer pay back the bond money ? It seems like during a time like this, bonds are high risk with such uncertainty ? Do the bonds become worthless ?

Also what does Italy spend the money on ?

The ECB will defer the debt repayments..

What Italy are receiving is basically helicopter money..

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Helicopter_money

Associate
The ECB will defer the debt repayments..

What Italy are receiving is basically helicopter money..

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Helicopter_money

It's the new normal really. We never looked likely to pay off our debt before this happened (we officially gave up as you no doubt know), and I'm sure there are plenty more economies that are heading in the same direction. There are surely plenty more Greeces to come. Maybe that was China's plan? :D

Soldato
It's the new normal really. We never looked likely to pay off our debt before this happened (we officially gave up as you no doubt know), and I'm sure there are plenty more economies that are heading in the same direction. There are surely plenty more Greeces to come. Maybe that was China's plan? :D

China are no better tbf, they've QE'd more than anyone, ~15t i think. But yea, it's unfortunately the way its all going, just print more paper. I've really no idea how this all ends, gold standard again?

Associate
China are no better tbf, they've QE'd more than anyone, ~15t i think. But yea, it's unfortunately the way its all going, just print more paper. I've really no idea how this all ends, gold standard again?

Tough one. I like thinking about how systems should work, but ultimately once you throw a large number of people into a system all manner of **** happens. Fiat money doesn't have to end badly, but we've abused it for too long.

Soldato
({)
I bought into Shell for the dividends a few months back, should have sold at 2000 but held as I thought it could turn around. Bought some more around 1300. What an idiot.
Threw another load of cash at a 250 tracker at about 18000 instead of selling. Complete madness and it’s cost me a lot, now I don’t know whether to sell invade it drops more or just forget it and wait until it’s over.
I've been observing some panic selling today. I didn't want to convince or influence their decision so just left them to it. The stress/tension (their words) is too much for them so selling.
I'm personally seeing some good long term bargains around. I've been right in the past (buying during panics) although no guarantee will be this time but even if a recovery takes 5+ years, there's money to be made even from the current price levels. However, I do see a potential for much lower prices so drip feeding money into the markets will be a good idea.
In your case, I'd hold until it's over. Oil prices will recover, as will the markets. Currently Shell pays a 13% dividend. Even if that's lowered, it's still likely to be pretty decent. Oil is an odd area right now due to the rise of electric but they're also involved in renewables.

Last edited:
Soldato
Tough one. I like thinking about how systems should work, but ultimately once you throw a large number of people into a system all manner of **** happens. Fiat money doesn't have to end badly, but we've abused it for too long.

No, fiat will not go away, paper cash might, but it'll be replaced with a digitised version. I definitely think we need to anchor the value of money against something again, whether that be gold or a digital asset (crypto)

Associate
No, fiat will not go away, paper cash might, but it'll be replaced with a digitised version. I definitely think we need to anchor the value of money against something again, whether that be gold or a digital asset (crypto)

If it's backed by a commodity then it's not fiat money though.

Soldato
They cannot do a fixed value, thats the nature of FIAT. It is purely their word to honor it for taxes and there is too much debt for them to change this idea. IMF might do crypto in name but it will be centralised to a value that is marked again to their word so its FIAT. We've had digital currency for a while now.
They default on the debt or soft default via inflation and value is returned nominally face value only. We are going to get the nominal value because its the path of least resistance. This will be peak FIAT

A hard default on debt would be hard money, it reduces the supply of those bonds that pay out dollars. I'm not saying its happy times but the currency standard is respected in that scenario. If they say there is no failure, we have compromised capitalism then. This is what we did ten years ago and repeatedly since.

Anyhow the positive from the negative is I can close my short, like it was ever smart to short with a bias of money printing :o I want to put a trailing stop on it but Ive closed most of it already so size is too small.
Today was new low SPY and SP500 but I see it also as possible bounce scenario, the close of every bar is the price that matters most & some only count the day price. VOD I remember this cheap in 2009 lows, some others must be the same. Is this partially from the sale of USA assets, somebody will have the right price.
Markets drifts back after europe close, 1 hour before NYC close is when it will start to get edgy again with regards to direction into close, europe open tomorrow etc.
NTR is $34bn over a year ago and $15bn now so giant moves. Hopefully someone is furiously researching the case for these companies to do well on a ten year basis.
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/least-one-commodity-could-benefit-173319996.html

Back
Top Bottom