Website Load Testing (intelligently)

Soldato
I'm having problems with our website, where it becomes unusable at very popular times. The server is overpowered in my opinion, but the website seems to be inefficient and I'm looking to speak to a company who can help intelligently load test the website, replicating the actual things a user does rather than using brute force to load the website with visitors.

The aim is to find out why it's running like crap under heavy load rather than throwing more power at the server (I'm nearly at the highest-paid plan you can go to on a popular cloud platform).

I had the same problem last month and upgraded our cloud-based server but it seems to have had no effect. Can anyone recommend someone?

Last edited:
Permabanned
If its a functional site the developer should be able to run performance profiling themselves to find bottlenecks.

Cant recommend a company, have always load tested/performance tuned my own code.

Commissario
I used to be on a big spec dedicated server but now using a cloud-based solution (Digital Ocean). Budget ... well, it's important I get this fixed.
Proper load testing can run into the thousands (depending on software licensing, infrastructure, consulting time etc)

If it's something that can be tested more easily with something like Jmeter/Gatling by hitting APIs then it would save you on costs. Would be happy to chat offline if you need some support, email in Trust :)

Associate
what kind of site is it? how many visitors come on it daily/monthly? whats the user count at the time when the site slows down?
what language are you using? (any CMS or pure coding?) who wrote the code/code state.

All things matter

Back
Top Bottom