Budget gaming build mainly for CS:GO

Associate
Good day OCUKers,

Been out of the gaming scene for about 15 years :)

Just started playing CS:GO and need something that can run it well. Might have a dabble on some other games too, Overwatch possibly. Not looking to spend a lot, less than 500 quid would be ideal. Don't need monitor, kb/mouse, or OS.

Thanks in advance...

Soldato
some stuff from here, and some you have to shop for elsewhere

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £356.21 (includes shipping: £12.30)​

£58 MSI B450M-A PRO MAX Motherboard mATX, AM4, DDR4, LAN, USB 3.2 Gen1, M.2, DVI-D, HDMI, AMD RYZEN 1st, 2nd and 3rd Gen Ready

£108 AMD Ryzen 5 2600 Processor

upgrade ram to 16gb and should be ok for any game.. anyone thats my 6 pence, others may offer better s CS is low spec, you night be better looking for a GTX 970 second hand or £75

Soldato
Okay so here's my attempt, it's way over budget currently but just bare with me and it will hopefully make sense...

Total: £706.53 (includes shipping: £12.60)

Okay so currently it looks £200 over budget, however most of the components are Bgrade stuff and as it's coming to the end of the financial year they're trying to get rid of this stuff and are open to some serious offers. I myself just got a brand new 480gb SSD for a cheeky offer of £20.

The thread I'm refering to is this one, check it out https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/threads/niks-end-of-year-open-box-b-grade-bonanza.18880243/

If you like the look of what's here, start a thread in the pre sales customer service section of the forums and ask them if they're willing to move on price, found here https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/forums/pre-sales-queries.117/

It's down to whom you speak with obviously and your negotiation skills but I reckon you could possibly get the above for between £550 and £600 and in my opinion is a stonking rig for the money. Yes the PSU is overkill for your needs but will last you a long long time, plus the mobo is solid and gives you upgradability for Ryzen 4000. You can also add a storage drive and upgrade your gpu down the line.

Soldato
No problem mate. If you act now you'll possibly get a stonkingly good deal. Let me know what they say if you decide to go ahead with it.

Also think about doing a build log, we love those around here :p

Associate
OP
No problem mate. If you act now you'll possibly get a stonkingly good deal. Let me know what they say if you decide to go ahead with it.

Also think about doing a build log, we love those around here :p

The B-grade prices are as low as they'll go apparently. :(

Soldato
Total: £362.65 (includes shipping: £11.70)

£58 MSI B450M-A PRO MAX Motherboard mATX, AM4, DDR4, LAN, USB 3.2 Gen1, M.2, DVI-D, HDMI, AMD RYZEN 1st, 2nd and 3rd Gen Ready

£108 AMD Ryzen 5 2600 Processor

Total £528

Associate
I don't think there's any need to go so over budget. CS:GO would run on a paperclip and Overwatch would as well.

Ryzen 2600, 16GB 3200Mhz, B450M, RX590 for £500 will run both at ultra at crazy high framerate.

Back
Top Bottom