The someone has died I've never heard of thread...RIP (Who?)

Soldato
Roy Hudd has died aged 83. I’m sure some of you know him. Funny chap.
A jovial, reassuring presence on TV and radio throughout the 70s, when he was still a mainstream fixture on light entertainment. I guess his peak was even earlier than that? I'm pleased to see that social media tributes seem to confirm his image of being a decent bloke.

Associate
I've got a handful of Throbbing Gristle & Psychic TV albums. Weapon Testing & Hamburger Lady are pretty cool & get played once in a blue moon. There's also a couple of almost catchy tunes on 20 jazz Funk Greats. Psychic TV was bit more weird and had some kind of offshoot community/sect attached to them called Thee Temple ov Psychick Youth or something. Bunch of waster communes anarcho punk crust hippies type of thing.

OMG GENESIS IS NOT PHIL COLLIN'S BAND - WASH YOUR MOUTH OUT.

It is Peter Gabriel and Steve Hackett's band who are no longer in it.

You are right in that it's not Phil Collin's band, but how is it Steve Hackett's? He was not an original member, who are the one's you can say are (either that or biggest impact in which Phil Collins has more of a claim than Steve Hackett)

Original members:

Peter Gabriel, Tony Banks, Mike Rutherford, Anthony Phillips and Chris Stewart (with John Silver replacing Chris Stewart pretty early on). Phil Collins and Steve Hackett joined the band for their 3rd album. ;)

Associate
I don't remember them being outrageous, just different in a crap way.
There wasn't many bands that didn't leave an impression on me but this was one of them.
if you want outrageous then a band called Rockbitch were way up there and I nearly got the Golden Ticket although I was married and would have had to pass it on.
Look them up.
Ha rockbitch bring back memories. I had a very good night with them. Very naughty girls, thinking about it I might have some pictures of that night still. funny enough they weren't bad musically ether.

Man of Honour
You are right in that it's not Phil Collin's band, but how is it Steve Hackett's? He was not an original member, who are the one's you can say are (either that or biggest impact in which Phil Collins has more of a claim than Steve Hackett)

1971 to 1977.
Trespass with Anthony Phillips was OK but the above line up was stunning and I got to see them three times.
Funnily enough I accidentally listened to Selling England By The Pound today.

Back
Top Bottom