Oculus Quest (Santa Cruz)

Soldato
Interested in one of these but no sign of stock anywhere, either the 64/128 version. Is anyone aware of any bricks and mortar stores stocking them?

Soldato
John Lewis were selling them in store, however their online if currently showing OOS. Some online retailers are quoting 2nd April for pre-order, probably best place an order just in case as you can cancel if you find it somewhere else beforehand.

Soldato
Are there any essentials you need for these, from reading the last few pages people seem to be talking about USB cables, is this for connecting to virtual PC?

Anything else worth getting?

Soldato
for gaming oculus rift/steam vr games via virtual desktop you just need a good wifi conection, a decent usb-c cable is needed if you want to use it as hard wired headset to your pc.

depending you feel about about comfort after over an hour of constant gaming there a few options like amvr etc

Soldato
Thanks for that. One final question - does casting need a Chromecast? I have a fire TV stick and also a Roku ...

For anyone interested - rainforest showing the 64gb back in stock if anyone's interested. Mine is arriving today despite it saying delivery on the 26th.

Associate
Anyone else having trouble with 3rd party link cables?

I'm using the JOTO cable but as of today the software tells me to try another USB port or cable....

Soldato
Anyone else having trouble with 3rd party link cables?

I'm using the JOTO cable but as of today the software tells me to try another USB port or cable....
I'm using a 3m JOTO (with 90 degree adapter), and just tried it and all seems OK. First time I've booted my machine up this week, so if there's been a software update...?

Associate
I'm using a 3m JOTO (with 90 degree adapter), and just tried it and all seems OK. First time I've booted my machine up this week, so if there's been a software update...?

There had been no update, just worked one day and not the next.

I have now enabled Beta, the software has updated to 14.1 and I'm waiting for the quest to update.

If that doesn't work i'll try another cable?

Back
Top Bottom