Asus ROG Zephyrus G14

Gangster
OcUK Staff
I'm looking forward to seeing what we can do with the LED versions. Hopefully we can do some good images. They are nicely spec'd up as well.

Associate
I like the look of this however couple of slight issues for me:

16GB model looks to have 8GB slot and 8GB soldered, I'd want the version that's 16GB onboard with a spare DIMM slot but doesn't seem to be around.
It's missing IO such as ethernet and UHS-ii card slot - sorted with a dongle but defeats the object of being so small if you need to lug a dongle everywhere.

Overall though, handsome laptop, fantastic CPU (smashes ubiquitous 9750H) and decent size.

Can't wait for reviews!

Associate
I’m interested in this new 14”.
I’d be using it for music production so would need to see some latencymon results first but it looks promising. The 1440 screen is very appealing for me. I’ll be doing light gaming on it occasionally so it looks to be a great all round machine.
I’ve heard it will be available without the led lid too.

Are there any Asus reps here that we can ask questions?

Last edited:
Associate
As hoped, it absolutely decimates anything Intel have for a far better cost, hooray!

Dave Lee mentioned the 120hz screen suffers a little from ghosting, not to worry - would get the 1440p version.

Soldato
Soldato
Associate
I’m looking at these too, need something with some more legs compared to my Macbook 12 but still maintain portability, these really look like they could be the jack of all trades type thing.

be nice to know if there is likely to be variations coming in that the US seem to have, namely the 120hz 2060 version.

any idea on when any of these will be in?

Back
Top Bottom