BT Infinity & FTTx Discussion

Caporegime
There's nobody else offering services on the Openreach FTTP network that is going to come close to that price. At a guess Sky will try to compete but they've gone very quiet on their FTTP product.

Soldato
Have to say that as much as the big speed figures are tempting, there’s no way I’d ever utilise such speeds. And I really don’t fancy being tied into a two year contract with BT.

EDIT: Maniac - make sure you order through Quidco as there’s some decent cash back offers there.

Associate
Have to say that as much as the big speed figures are tempting, there’s no way I’d ever utilise such speeds. And I really don’t fancy being tied into a two year contract with BT.

EDIT: Maniac - make sure you order through Quidco as there’s some decent cash back offers there.

Cheers! Does that include renewals? Currently on the 330/50 tier.

Caporegime
There's nobody else offering services on the Openreach FTTP network that is going to come close to that price. At a guess Sky will try to compete but they've gone very quiet on their FTTP product.

Really not sure what's causing the delay with Sky's FTTP service, when I was that side of the business it was within a month or two and that was May last year. Last I heard it was still 'soon' but that may have been knocked on the head by the situation at the moment.

Associate
Got my order in for the new BT package, moving up from 300Mb to what BT say is a Maximum download of 630Mbs doiwn and Maximum up of 110Mbps. Activation t6his Tuesday, cant wait. Not that i need the spoeed, but it sounds good.

Associate
Really not sure what's causing the delay with Sky's FTTP service, when I was that side of the business it was within a month or two and that was May last year. Last I heard it was still 'soon' but that may have been knocked on the head by the situation at the moment.

There were indications it was due to launch last week, but they had a COVID-19 case in their call centre that knocked them offline for days the week before. Could imagine that forced a halt, combined with how things have deteriorated since then and its likely they have just put it on hold.

Soldato
I'd like to sign up to the 500Mb package via Quidco for the cashback but its only available to new customers. If i cancel my exisiting FTTC and sign up in my partners name will this work? We have sim-only contracts linked to the account too but i believe we're all out of contract now :).

Associate
How are current customers ordering these new tiers? When I phoned up yesterday they were unable to do anything. I cannot upgrade online either.

Anyone know if you need an engineer visit or if it's a "switch" their end? Currently on FTTP 300.

Associate
How are current customers ordering these new tiers? When I phoned up yesterday they were unable to do anything. I cannot upgrade online either.

Anyone know if you need an engineer visit or if it's a "switch" their end? Currently on FTTP 300.

I called ‭0800 672476‬ - at first they said they were unaware it was available to order but eventually "after speaking with their manager" they could order it no problem, I mean it was even showing on their website! I was unable to order online as well which is when I got that phone number when checking for the latest offers on my account through my BT account page.

I doubt there would be an engineer visit needed unless you're a new customer, they told me they would send a Smart Hub 2 (I guess my current Home hub 6 can't handle the new speeds) and would activate/switch their end on the given upgrade date, in my case midnight on the 24th.

Soldato

I’d like to know too! I’m currently with Sky and would like to stay with them. Contract due for renewal in a couple of weeks too.

Back
Top Bottom