• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

native resolution

Associate
hey all,

Got my new pc up and running, all was fine until my last restart, when posting and booting the screen now says out of range. the other thing is when i loaded up a game it informed me it was in the wrong resolution when i had previously set it.

In the nvidia control panel it also displays the wrong native resolution when it never used to.
Also the 4 way micro switch on the monitor has stopped working?
Running latest drivers

Any ideas?

Spec;
LG 27gl850b
gigabyte 2020
AMD 3700
MSI 450 carbon AC
16gb Patriot vipor

Permabanned
Install the proper driver for your monitor if it has one and see if the RES issue resolves itself, it is not DSR as that would still make your monitor's Native RES in there be marked as Native RES..

Associate
OP
Install the proper driver for your monitor if it has one and see if the RES issue resolves itself, it is not DSR as that would still make your monitor's Native RES in there be marked as Native RES..
Seems I can't install a driver for the monitor? It prefers the win10 driver. What do you mean by DSR?

Uninstall the driver, shut down your system, and reset your cmos. Boot back up and reinstall the driver.

Tried this, unfortunately still not resolved

I'm finding strange that the 4 way selector no longer works for the monitor, if I change monitor cable it displays the option to change to that cable and the up, down, left and right work but pressing the button to select doesn't?

Associate
OP
Had a chat with LG, waste of time very blunt, offered no insight and just told me to return it. Just had a chat with OC'ers and they have arranged for collection tomorrow with a hopeful replacement delivered Wednesday

Back
Top Bottom