Disney +

Soldato
I have been looking forward to this for months but samsung hasn't released the app for my 2018 Q8 but they have released it for a load of the other models even 2016 ones.

Any ideas?

My pc is hooked up to the tv, is there a windows app or browser that will play it in 4k HDR?

Caporegime
I have been looking forward to this for months but samsung hasn't released the app for my 2018 Q8 but they have released it for a load of the other models even 2016 ones.

Any ideas?

My pc is hooked up to the tv, is there a windows app or browser that will play it in 4k HDR?
Even if there is they may not be showing 4K as they're doing the same as Netflix and Amazon Prime by reducing bandwidth use.

Soldato
Even if there is they may not be showing 4K as they're doing the same as Netflix and Amazon Prime by reducing bandwidth use.

Do you know if they are still doing HDR?

I already have all the disney movie and marvel stuff on sky movies but the quality is trash like 3gb for a 2 hours movie. (not because of the virus, sky movies always been that low on disney stuff)

I'm hoping to rewatch the marvel movies in HDR.

Soldato
Do you know if they are still doing HDR?

I already have all the disney movie and marvel stuff on sky movies but the quality is trash like 3gb for a 2 hours movie. (not because of the virus, sky movies always been that low on disney stuff)

I'm hoping to rewatch the marvel movies in HDR.

Yes they are in either dolby vision or HDR10 just watched a bit or rogue one in dolby vision (and apparently) 4k but compression seems high though or it was limited to 1080p

Soldato
There is a 7 day trial.

Im watching on desktop firefox browser, I don't think it has HDR through firefox though.

I just put the new lion king on and the quality is really good. It's not perfect but that's probably because of the streaming cuts.

I have cancelled my trial though until they release an app for my tv. I still get it free until the 1st april though.

Soldato
‘It flagged up on my TV as soon as I turned it on as available to download, this is on an E6OLED
I was about to post the same. Got up this morning turned on the TV and it was the first thing that popped up on screen in the corner!!!

LG C8

Loving it so far. 4K DV DA.

I used to SUB to Disney Life for the kids but now this has a ton of stuff for me

Also showing on my C6

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Shame the picture quality isn't as good as it can be due to the streaming restrictions, but I'm still absolutely loving the content on there, can't wait to watch a lot of the Star Wars films in 4K. Been waiting for Rogue One in 4K for a while given it didn't get a physical release in 4K

Associate
LG B8 OLED - app popped for install this morning. Installed without issue and all looks good. No Atmos though even though its supported in app on Netflix. I believe it works with the Apple TV 4k, but will check.

Edit: Installed on Apple TV 4k. It doesn't show as Atmos on the AVR like it does with Apple movies (Multi In - Denon AVR). Maybe due to Apple not allowing 3rd party apps to use Atmos. I need to test the actual audio to see if anything is being sent to the Atmos speakers.

Last edited:
Associate
From Disney + website -
Why am I getting low-quality audio or stereo instead of surround sound or Dolby Atmos?

NOTE: In light of the concerns expressed by government officials regarding the use of broadband services in this challenging time, we have instituted measures to lower bandwidth utilization, and in some circumstances streaming content in HD and UHD formats, including Dolby Atmos audio, will be limited or unavailable. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
Once we resume normal operations, this article will be updated with additional trouble shooting tips can also help you navigate your UHD 4K and Dolby Atmos experience on Disney+ .

Soldato
Shame the picture quality isn't as good as it can be due to the streaming restrictions, but I'm still absolutely loving the content on there, can't wait to watch a lot of the Star Wars films in 4K. Been waiting for Rogue One in 4K for a while given it didn't get a physical release in 4K

Rouge One 4K Blu Ray will be released at the end on this month.

Soldato
Very excited for this. Just got the 7 day free trial. Much more entertainment for me than Netflix and Amazon.

All I need is this and the WWE Network, no need for a TV package.

Back
Top Bottom