Have I borked my almost new compound mitre saw?

Associate
:(

So after much excitement cutting various pieces of timber testing out my new compound mitre saw ( i have used mitre saws in the past), I decided to try cutting some green wood across the grain which caused the wood to jump and jam into the saw and blade, where the radial arm comes down :eek:

Now the blade doesn't turn and feels locked in place , the motor sounds like its spinning but it is definitely stuck as I can smell the motor burning from over loading.

Is there a safety lock or similar to stop the blade spinning if it jams on compound mitre saws? Has anyone foolishly managed to do this themselves and known how to resolve?

Or have I broken something inside which is no jammed preventing the blade from turning.:(

daelo

**heres the saw in question:

https://www.howetools.co.uk/bosch-g...XvN2eo5JfCXbn9gekxwVtpyx9tuuSrmBoCmEQQAvD_BwE

Soldato
Time to start taking apart and see. I'm guessing something is jammed in the blade. The blades must be removable, so I'd start with that.

'Obviously' disconnect it from the mains and don't turn it on again till the blade turns freely.

Associate
OP
Turned out some wood had bent a piece of metal as a sort of safety feature , preventing the blade from turning. Its all fixed and now i can continue to make my partner her WFH desk :D

Back
Top Bottom