*** Half-Life: Alyx ***

Soldato
Using the Rift, played this for an hour with all settings max, absolutely brilliant. Only put in an hour so far, but it's amazing, handles really well, probably the best VR game I've played so far.

Associate
Wow, just wow. This is everything I'd hoped for and some. Looks incredible, sound amazing. Plays so well. Index owners will love this with the controllers. Works really well on my Rift S. Worth the wait.

Don
+1 to the love-it crowd.

I managed 90minutes or so before my controllers ran out of battery (foolishly I forgot to charge them this afternoon).

The "splat" from the health recharge points :D

Associate
I have said for ages valve have been waiting for a the new engine to become mature.. this looks stunning... wouldn't be surprise if this is what they have been waiting for to do the next half life fps

Don
IT'S SO GROSS! I love it haha. The graphics are simply stunning. I just wish I knew which VR headset to upgrade to from the Rift to really get the most out of this title.

I'm playing it on my mk1 Vive and it already looks gorgeous. If I'm being really picky, I lose definition on the pistol when I'm aiming down the sights, but I barely noticed it after a while.

Associate
For all the WMR naysayers out there I'm playing on an HP Reverb and it's incredible. Had no issues at all with controller tracking and the reverb resolution is just amazing.

Man of Honour
I finished far cry 5 over the weekend and played an hour of HL Alyx last night. Going to be really hard to go back to regular FPS and get any wow factor.

The gloves are great, atmosphere amazing, controls quickly become second nature.

I'm playing with the fluid motion and haven't found it too pukey.

First gen rift and vega 64. All good.

Soldato
This, WD:SaS and Asgards Wrath for me have taken VR to a whole different level. Kudos to Valve they've been a bit rubbish for years but this may finally push VR to the next level. Hopefully more AAA devs start producing.

Soldato
Watched a few streamers playing this and the movement and gunplay looks so slow and jerky, like 10x worse than console. Maybe its just the fact they're probably new to VR or something though.

They all seem to be having fun regardless though. Just seems odd seeing someone trying to shoot a headcrab for 2 minutes lol.

Soldato
Watched a few streamers playing this and the movement and gunplay looks so slow and jerky, like 10x worse than console. Maybe its just the fact they're probably new to VR or something though.

They all seem to be having fun regardless though. Just seems odd seeing someone trying to shoot a headcrab for 2 minutes lol.

That's the thing, there will be a lot of streamers who are picking VR up for the first time for the views.

It certainly doesn't take 2 minutes to shoot a headcrab once you get your VR bearings :p Although there are techniques to do so and some of the Sights that Valve have added to the game help a massive amount with aiming in VR.

You cannot beat an intense shootout in VR, that's where you feel the main differences between VR and non-VR as it's so easy to just panic.

That scene when you get the flashlight and Poison Headcrab/Spider things appear...talk about intense!! Should have used my shotgun but decided to panic through the Pistol!!!

Back
Top Bottom