Calling Team 10

Associate
Well GPU folding is happening but i seem to have run out of WU for the cpu havent had one since this morning so thats really gonna knock my output but added 1mil points in two days so not too bad.

Associate
Considering one company brought online over 6,000 GPU's the issue of supply isn't a you thing. Their servers are just overran by new clients pulling work. What many are doing are running both BOINC and FAH so that their system stay utilized as Rosetta@home is also working on it. GPUGrid.net is talking about also jumping in on the action by having their own application too. So, if you aren't getting enough work, please consider at least Rosetta@home for now.

Soldato
Installed it again after about 10 years. Will try and get it crunching when gpu arrives as I have an HD5870 at mo. No Corvid-19 in the drop down list

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
Need to manually drill into the GPU config on this one. I have a vega and sure it was trying to use cuda hence error and not processing. Any advanced folders using vega that can tear into this?

most of the time its this:
Code:
WARNING:WU01:FS01:Failed to get assignment from '18.218.241.186:80': No WUs available for this configuration
When a WU is available:
Code:
WARNING:WU00:FS01:FahCore returned: BAD_WORK_UNIT (114 = 0x72)
12:38:37:WU00:FS01:Sending unit results: id:00 state:SEND error:FAULTY project:11749 run:0 clone:998 gen:7 core:0x22 unit:0x000000128ca304e75e6a80003bb1e921

I think I need to set opencl and force it away from auto stuff as it cant config correctly.

Right think I sorted it by setting to defaults. It must not have liked an undervolt.

I still had to get away from the cuda setting it was defaulting to use. Now hopefully I can fold on the gpu!! \o/

Last edited:
Soldato
Titan black was sitting at 85c when folding which I didn't like. Added the NZXT baracket to allow my old Kraken CPU cooler to it and it now sits at 52c after continuous GPU folding and silently too!
Far happier now.

Last edited:
Soldato
I still had to get away from the cuda setting it was defaulting to use. Now hopefully I can fold on the gpu!! \o/

Can you elaborate? I'm using 100% of my 3960X on BOINC/Rosetta but my GPU (Vega 56) has been idle the whole 24h FaH has been running. It's saying it's available in the advanced config and just no WU, but I'm wondering if it's not set up correctly. I have the latest AMD WQL driver and the default FaH install (no CPU slot, just GPU).

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
Can you elaborate? I'm using 100% of my 3960X on BOINC/Rosetta but my GPU (Vega 56) has been idle the whole 24h FaH has been running. It's saying it's available in the advanced config and just no WU, but I'm wondering if it's not set up correctly. I have the latest AMD WQL driver and the default FaH install (no CPU slot, just GPU).

Yeah it has a config file, so if you browse to where that text file is I deleted the cuda line. It may be a regular warning but it was a parameter each time being spun that wasnt necessary as its never going to run on cuda. I do get the odd work unit but most of the issues are the servers arent dishing out any WU's because the farms and companies being generous eat up all of them.

Back
Top Bottom