• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

1080Ti FE - Worth repasting?

Caporegime
Please keep the thread on topic. The 1080Ti is a beast of a card.

Like I said before it's a blower card. repasting is going to make minimal difference if any. I owned a 1080 blower and it ran noisey and hot. I ended up buying a MSI 1080 before selling that for a 2070 super which is the best card i've ever seen in terms of build quality and cooling.

Soldato

Keep seeing him talk rubbish in many of threads.

Like he's going to sell his gtx1080 for £100 because it's got no warranty.

The past will be dry by now. A repaste won't make much odds but some is better than none. It takes 5 mins to do and if you have paste lying about then it's free as well.

Caporegime
Keep seeing him talk rubbish in many of threads.

Like he's going to sell his gtx1080 for £100 because it's got no warranty.

The past will be dry by now. A repaste won't make much odds but some is better than none. It takes 5 mins to do and if you have paste lying about then it's free as well.

how is it rubbish?

he's bought an old blower card with no warranty and now complaining about temps and noise. it's a blower, they all run hot and noisey. they are crap at cooling. i've owned one and i didn't like it either.

he has now then went and bought a waterblock to cool it so even more money on an old card with no warranty in an attempt to cool it.

why would you do all of this if you could have bought a 5700XT or 2070 super for less brand new with warranty? which would run cool and quiet out the box?

i'm guessing it's your 1080ti he bought or something?

edit:

wowsers he paid £360 for a founders edition with no warranty.

2070 super was £400 in december brand new.

add the cost of the block and pump, radiators, etc and the coolant and it's baffling.

Caporegime
Not worried about the 2070 vs 1080Ti debate. Happy with my purchase :). I have the itch to tinker.

The thread takes a new direction!
I have bought an EK Fluid Gaming A240G for a huge discount as the Pascal parts are EOL. It is out of stock but due early-mid March.

Good Luck with it...Tinkering with hardware is good for the soul...:cool:

Permabanned
BTW OP you only need remove 4 screws and part of the shroud with the clear window on it (you angle it upwards to get it out like a wedge then it is another 4 screws on the backplate and the Vapour Chamber will fall off if not baked on, not like some guides that have you remove the complete shroud.

Associate

Totally , 1080ti is a monster even today

how is it rubbish?

wowsers he paid £360 for a founders edition with no warranty.

2070 super was £400 in december brand new.

add the cost of the block and pump, radiators, etc and the coolant and it's baffling.

Same reason i've kept my Titan Xp , the 20 series cards are a joke , overpriced , useless features and very poor value for money, i'd rather buy a used pascal card today than reward Nvidia with my money.

Associate
Totally , 1080ti is a monster even today

Same reason i've kept my Titan Xp , the 20 series cards are a joke , overpriced , useless features and very poor value for money, i'd rather buy a used pascal card today than reward Nvidia with my money.

Keeping my 1080ti FE, which is underwater and has been since I brought it. I see no reason to switch to any 20xx card even if I have the upgrade itch.

Soldato
OP
Hey all.
Finally fitted my A240G water cooling kit from EK fluids.
It is brilliant for the £147 I paid for the entire kit.

Definitely happy with my decision.
I can now hear minor coil whine now that there isn't a jet engine cooler fan going mental 2 feet from my face.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom