• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Fully green, grey or pink screen after standby/sleep

Soldato
Hello,

I have various Geforce gtx9xx cards, like 980Ti's, 980's, etc... All share the same problem with any driver released in the last 2 years which is why I still use 390.65.

I use the following config:
Win 10 pro.
Pri screen: 43'' TV running 3840x2160 @ 60 hz via HDMI
Secondary screen: 19'' 1280x1024 via VGA/analog
Tertiary ''screen'': Sony DA2400ES AV receiver at 1280x1024 (Cloned from secondary screen) via hdmi See: https://i.postimg.cc/RZvRPPMQ/screen-config.png

Why do I use this config? Because I use the AV receiver for audio (6ch LPCM, only supported via at least HDMI) and I can't use HDMI passthrough for my tv because it only supports 1080p max.

Using ANY driver over 4xx.xx, coming out of sleep/standby mode, my TV has a fully Green, Pink or Grey screen until I plug my HDMI out and in again. (note, the analog screen is fine and the av receiver also looks fine as it plays audio thus is receiving a video output). A clean boot is fine and doesn't give any problems, I always use standby mode for my pc though. I have tried various GPU's (of the gtx9xx series), HDMI cables, and all 4 HDMI ports on my TV.

So far no problem, 390.65 runs fine and is stable and doesn't have this issue. Now I have a problem, because I want to play RDR2 but need a newer version.

Is this bug known? How to fix this, I can't play RDR2 now because it forces me to use a newer driver but any newer driver (I've tried more than 6 versions over the years) breaks my UHD video output to my tv when waking up the pc...

Back
Top Bottom