27" 1440p Monitor suggestion?

Associate
Hi All,

Like many I am now working from home, so I am thinking of using my current monitor for that. That means I get to purchase a new shiny monitor for myself.

Main use would be gaming (mostly MMO/League type gaming) but it also will see a lot of use for streaming TV and movies in a fairly dark room. (My original thought was to go for the LG 27GL850 but that may not be the best considering IPS + dark room = not all that great?)

My budget would be around £300 - £400. Would anyone have any suggestions for me?

Thanks

Soldato
I had the same question a week or so ago. There are some good options out there, rtings does a good write up.

In the end though, I ended up taking a different route. I picked up a Dell U3011T for £210 at auction. It’s 9 years old but a full on professional monitor with 16:10 resolution. In terms of wfh, it’s an absolute dream.

there are some real bargains out there in this space if you have a look. Of course, now with everyone wfh, they are less frequent but there are still some.

Newer versions are the 3014 and UP3017, the later is significantly more expensive though unless you get really lucky.

An alternative to the Dell is the HPZR30W.

Soldato
Just to add, I did buy the VG27AQ, rtings best rated 1440p, but for me, the Dell is superior for work. More screen real estate, bigger and clearer, gorgeous colours. Probably the VG27AQ better for fast paced games but if you’re mainly working it doesn’t really matter.

Soldato
Just re-read, my advice makes no sense if you’re after a gaming monitor. Apologies! Hopefully it will be helpful to others.

Back
Top Bottom