The Division 2 - March 2019

Soldato
Anyone seen any deals on the Warlords DLC? Seems to be about 26 quid everywhere.

Cheapest is probably direct through Uplay with their 20% discount codes (if you have 100 uplay points) works out at £20.80 . That's where me and a friend got it.

Last edited:
Soldato
I think I bought this game and the DLC for about £8 over Xmas. (Using the £10 off voucher promotion).

There is no DLC anymore you bought the base game for £8 which included all the year 1 content. There is the new expansion which Pestt was referring to that was only released a few weeks ago which is £25.

Associate
Cheapest is probably direct through Uplay with their 20% discount codes (if you have 100 uplay points) works out at £20.80 . That's where me and a friend got it.
Yeah, that sounds like a plan. Got enough points as well, forgot about those! And it's the least faff and works straight away.
Cheers.

Soldato
There is no DLC anymore you bought the base game for £8 which included all the year 1 content. There is the new expansion which Pestt was referring to that was only released a few weeks ago which is £25.

This is what I purchased:

The Division 2 - Tom Clancy's The Division 2 Ultimate Edition £9.99 GBP

I assumed it included the Warlords DLC.

I have the helo waiting out side the main base and every time I go there I get a message saying bla bla bla we need to go now.

Haven't actually tried yet to see if it is actually available without paying for it tho.

Last edited:
Soldato

I have the helo waiting out side the main base and every time I go there I get a message saying bla bla bla we need to go now.

Haven't actually tried yet to see if it is actually available without paying for it tho.

The ultimate edition does not include the warlords expansion.

Soldato

Ubisoft discounted the base game heavily when WONY became available, hence why your Ultimate Edition is so cheap.

You still need to buy WONY.

Soldato
Why is the game so buggy af? I normally don't have an issue with Ubi games but this is pretty much the buggiest game I've played for a long time. I started playing earlier in the week due to lockdown and hit 30 yesterday.

My main issues, not that they can be fixed is that the game either doesn't load when you hit Play in uPlay, or that when you do get ingame (after such lengthy load times) that I have about 5fps. So I'm forced to terminate/restart the process. I really want to buy the NY expansion but am questioning that decision.

Associate
Either your GPU or HDD is too slow to keep up with the streaming textures, or the CPU / GPU is throttling due to heat during loading. My 16-core threadripper 1950x heats up more than most games whilst loading in The Division 2.

Soldato
Either your GPU or HDD is too slow to keep up with the streaming textures, or the CPU / GPU is throttling due to heat during loading. My 16-core threadripper 1950x heats up more than most games whilst loading in The Division 2.
It is neither. It is the game rather than the PC. A quick glance at their packed forums shows a slew of issues and mine in particular. I maybe running it on an old watercooled i7 2600k @ 5ghz and a 1070 GTX but I run at 1080p and hit 90fps easily. The game still loads (on occasion) like a dog even on an SSD.

https://forums.ubisoft.com/showthread.php/2206517-Stuttering-cpu-100-fps-drop

Last edited:
Associate
Soldato
That’s the issue - you can’t really perform fixes for randomly occurring consistent issues. I tried dropping V-Sync earlier yet still had the random super low FPS/stutter upon loading in. Looking at task manager it was using 8GB of ram which was nice.

Your 2600k is running a hefty overclock, have you eliminated that by dropping it down a bit? The division engine is one that for me has notoriously rooted out instability in my overclocks (and others) when nothing else has caused an issue to due to the way it taxes the cpu (you also may be seeing the effects of electromigration if its been running at that speed and presumably higher voltage for a number of years). Your issue you described above (long loads followed by 5fps crawls) doesn't seem to tally with the thread you posted which talks about intermittent stuttering/fps drops, which issue is it?

Associate
Your 2600k is running a hefty overclock, have you eliminated that by dropping it down a bit? The division engine is one that for me has notoriously rooted out instability in my overclocks

this was going to be my suggestion, for the division 2 i even had to drop my factory oc gpu down to stock values otherwise i would get random crashes

everytime i want to play the game i have to close msi afterburner and go into nvidia control panel and set it to debug mode so it removes the oc while i play
so im running stock cpu + gpu speed and now the game runs fine and ive had no crashes since

Soldato
For those crashing a lot in DX12 I had the same problem until I used NVidia drivers 442.74 which worked. The new drivers after this 445.75 are unstable and the older drivers like 442.50 get a lot of Crash to desktops. But so far 442.74 seems to have fixed it. Hopefully this works for other people.

Soldato
Your 2600k is running a hefty overclock, have you eliminated that by dropping it down a bit? The division engine is one that for me has notoriously rooted out instability in my overclocks (and others) when nothing else has caused an issue to due to the way it taxes the cpu (you also may be seeing the effects of electromigration if its been running at that speed and presumably higher voltage for a number of years). Your issue you described above (long loads followed by 5fps crawls) doesn't seem to tally with the thread you posted which talks about intermittent stuttering/fps drops, which issue is it?

It's been running that overclock since 2011 on its first build and I am highly unlikely to change it for just one game and these few random issues really - hardly worth it at all so I'll just have to put up with it. I can play for hours without a single issue performance wise. CPU temps are totally fine (48c) and GPU temps at 60c. Afterburner has been disabled for now as it's overlay has been known to cause issues.

Hell I can run Satisfactory (a far more complex game hardware resource wise) without a single issue, BF4 and even the king of bloatness - GTAV etc. After speaking to two friends yesterday they've also mentioned bugs keeping them from playing the game. It puzzles me how they've not got such issues under control.

I'll look at the latest NV drivers next to see if that helps too.

Soldato
It is neither. It is the game rather than the PC. A quick glance at their packed forums shows a slew of issues and mine in particular. I maybe running it on an old watercooled i7 2600k @ 5ghz and a 1070 GTX but I run at 1080p and hit 90fps easily. The game still loads (on occasion) like a dog even on an SSD.

https://forums.ubisoft.com/showthread.php/2206517-Stuttering-cpu-100-fps-drop

Yes. Super buggy game. I was getting CTD in DX12 and thinking it was my PC. Switch to DX11 and it's stable. For a game to still be this buggy after a good year is not great.

Back
Top Bottom