Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare / Warzone (Battlenet ID's in OP)

Soldato
Finally got the download all of 86GB of it! Took about 6 blood hours :(
Sounds like you need better internet.
I have a peasant 150mb/150mb service for £26/month and get a solid 20mb/s download on COD. Done in 1 hour 10
On my 'old' service 1Gb/1Gb service I had 3 years ago it would be done in just over 10 mins

Soldato
I have a peasant 150mb/150mb service for £26/month and get a solid 20mb/s download on COD. Done in 1 hour 10
On my 'old' service 1Gb/1Gb service I had 3 years ago it would be done in just over 10 mins
It’s been widely reported that along with the patch failing for some, others were getting very slow download speeds. As of last night there was even a message on the launcher to this effect so the end users internet is largely irrelevant if they are having issues.

Caporegime

Well... I do live in the countryside :p

Soldato
wouldn't mind so much about the re-download - if it didn't keep ******* failing/stopping and i have to restart it. so have to keep checking on the arse of a thing to make sure it's not crapped itself

Soldato
Trying to get the update right now and it keeps failing. On Virgin 100mb. Everything else works fine.

Who has the smart idea to release a mandatory 170GB patch for one of the world's most popular games when everyone's at home overloading the broadband network?

Activision... :o

Soldato
As has already been discussed. The large patch size is a bug that they are trying to fix but if youv already started it you will have to finish the dl now as I doubt they will be able to decache remotely once fixed.

The stop /start nature of it can partly be solved by switching regions but it will likely still stop every few GB's

Associate
Wow glad I downloaded my update early on when it came out, was 20gb for me and I thought that was enough lol mine all worked first time so I must be lucky, I feel for some of you getting over 100gb downloads and download crashing.

That would do my nut right in!

Soldato
Just added two friends (one Xbox, one PS4) and had a couple of games of Warzone. Very enjoyable now I actually know what is going on and we worked as a team

We also spray painted one of our friends multicolours which was quite funny, him running around bright pink, orange and red :D

Soldato
Nice to know its not just me. Just bought a new SSD to stick all my games on, moved this over and it said I needed a 170bg update!. Thought id buggered it up when moving it. The update just keeps failing now which a bit of a pain in the backside. Was planning on playing it later. no chance now.

These patch sizes are ridiculous.

Soldato
Trying to get the update right now and it keeps failing. On Virgin 100mb. Everything else works fine.

Who has the smart idea to release a mandatory 170GB patch for one of the world's most popular games when everyone's at home overloading the broadband network?

Activision... :o

My brother was having same problem doing his update and he said it worked a lot better after he swapped the region from europe to America. Can't say 100% that this does work but does seem to be helping.

Soldato
What the ****? It took me nearly a week to download Warzone when it was released, now it says it needs a patch and is trying to download another 83.25GB How the **** is that a 'patch', that's the same ******* size as the game.

Back
Top Bottom