Did I get a duff RGB Hub?

Associate
Hi,

It's been a long time. I haven't built a PC in 10 years..

I've put together my system over the past couple of weeks and all has been good until I got to the RGB. It wasn't really a thing last time around and I've dived in to the whole thing! I'm a novice so I went for a Corsair based system pretty much all round to try and make it simple, what did I know..?

Ignoring the wider system, from a Corsair RGB point of view I have in a Crystal Series 570X:

Hydro X: XD5 Pump and reservoir, XG7 GPU Block, XC7 CPU Block. These are daisy chained into the Commander Pro LED line 1.

6 SP RGB 120 fans plugged into the RGB Hub that came with the case which in turn in plugged in to the Commander Pro LED line 2.

I've installed iCUE and set the Hydro X RGB, no problem, looks great. iCUE has been told that there are 6 fans on line 2 but only my first SP120 fan will light up. Each individual fan lights if I put in Fan1 socket on the RGB Hub, so the RGB works.

Is the RGB Hub knackered?! Or have I missed something obvious?

Secondary, 5 of my fans are plugged into the Commander pro for power, along with the 4 pin connector for the pump. This leaves one fan into the CPU fan 4 pin on the mobo, is that the best way I can set it up? I lose control over the settings for one fan through iCUE I guess but my PC boots without giving me a CPU fan warning. Can I plug the pump into the CPU fan 4 pin on the mobo instead?

Thanks in advance.

Setup if you're interested:

Corsair Crystal Series 570X
Asus ROG Swift X-570 Gaming
AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Zotac Gaming GeFOrce RTX 2080 Super Twin Fan
Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32gb

Soldato
I would guess its an issue with the 2nd port of the hub the others won't work. The hub won't allow you to skip ports so you have to go in order.
Am guessing its the one that came with the case? If so, you might want to raise a Service ticket with whomever you bought it from.
Suggest they send you a fan hub as it will be easier to do this than send a new case.

Associate
OP
Thanks very much for the responses.

During a bottle of Malbec last night I worked it out - total error on my part. I knew when I ordered the additional fans that in order for the RGB to work they had to be the same type so I thought I ordered SP120 RGBs the same as those that come with the case. But I didn't, I order SP120 RGB Pros - and so ended up with a mix of fans. Stupid mistake, just not paying enough attention when ordering!

Although now I have to order more SP120 RGB Pros and my RGB gets an upgrade I wasn't expecting... at my expense..

Back
Top Bottom