What have you done to your car today?

Soldato
Put a full tank of petrol in my car Tuesday, first full tank since I've owned it since 2016, but I think I've gave it a heart attack or something because the needle still hasn't moved left. I actually just went and had a look to see if the needle is at rest and not stuck at 1/1.

Soldato
I can do nearly 90 miles in mine before the needle will even move from full. It does of course go down a bit quicker after that though. I'd much rather there was a way to get an idea of how many litres were remaining in a tank rather than the estimate of miles remaining (which to be fair, is reasonably accurate in my car) or a random gauge with a stupid scale.

Permabanned
What do you guys do about your car battery, if you're in lockdown ?
I know if I don't start my ST for a week, the alarm starts going off at random intervals, as the battery goes flat. I'm parked out on the road, so I can't easily disconnect it, which would then leave it with no alarm.
Anyway, here's mine, after a good clean.

f-00042b.jpg

Permabanned
MK2 focus has aged really well. A much better looker than the MK3.

Yeah, definitely prefer the looks of the MK2, but prefer the interior of the new ones, the Mk2 is a bit dull. I met a chap in town with a electric orange coloured new-shape ST, I loved it when he opened his door and the ST name on the door seals lights up - minor thing, but it just looked great. I also prefer the dashboard, and LCD screen of the radio, mine is just a CD changer. But we both agreed the MK2 looked better. Also, the MK2 has the Volvo 5 cylinder engine and sounds good with a decat exhaust, the new ones sound no better than a TDI.

Caporegime
Washed, de-tarred, and cutting compounded the Volvo, then rinsed.

1vw9Xca.jpg

Finishing polish and sealant, tyre and trim dressing, and cleaning the inside of the glass next... Maybe today, maybe when I can be arsed...

Soldato
Been trying to get some Pearl Nano waterspot killer and finally found some in a pearl nano trial pack which in the current climate was 50pc off. Waterspot killer, oh my days. I miss acidic cleaners. This stuff is amazing.

Used the iBird today on the black plastic in the Disco and the B pillar trims which are always high swirl prone areas. Will post results once finished

Caporegime
Of all your terrible cars I think I like this one best!
Thanks, I think. :p

This one has kept with tradition though, and was a total turd with a tonne wrong with it... I can see light at the end of the tunnel now though! :o

Naturally it has been raining on and off today so I need to wash it again before I can do the final polish, and a bird emptied it's bowels on it... :(

The paintwork has come up nice though. A few problem areas (stone chips and things) but most of the car looks pretty great now!

kFg0doZ.jpg

IVJA4PR.jpg

HpVi3aY.jpg

Got rid of all the light scratches, patches where bird muck had slightly etched the clearcoat, and most of the swirls.

Last edited:
OcUK Staff
SORN'd them :(

I’ve never done this but if this lock down goes on for another 2-3 months then I guess I should really be sorning at least one of the cars if not two of them.

Do you just go online and do it? Then I guess get a tax refund and when want to back on the road just rebuy tax again ?

Soldato
Either never done this but if this lock down goes on for another 2-3 months then I guess I should really be sorning at least one of the cars if not two of them.

Do you just go online and do it? Then I guess get a tax refund and when want to back on the road just rebuy tax again ?

Yup pretty much. It's super easy. Just remember to unsorn them before taking them out again! And you only get whole months refunded so worth timing it appropriately.

Might take my G35 off the road for a bit. Only un-sorned it 4 months ago :/

Back
Top Bottom