What have you done to your car today?

Associate

Not much else to do, so a multiple hour wash, decontamination, clay, polish and ceramic coat, followed by wheel sealant, tyre dressing and glass sealant. Very happy!

CarPro C.Quartz UK 3.0 on the car, 2 coats
Topped with CarPro Reload
CarPro FlyBy Forte on the glass
Poorboys Wheel Sealant on the rims

Last edited:
Associate
Short story of my weekend
Goal for the weekend : DIY some interior trim and swap out the recirc valve hose for a coloured silicone hose
Did some interior DIY
Snapped the air divider that sits inside my aftermarket MAF housing and plastic tube thats on the boost solenoid in process with brute force trying to remove/fit them pesky silicone hose to the turbo inlet pipe.

Associate
Over the weekend, i done nothing special to either of our cars. I started them both and left them to run for at least 5 mins as they havent started for a week now. Checked for bird poo.

Associate
What do you guys do about your car battery, if you're in lockdown ?
I know if I don't start my ST for a week, the alarm starts going off at random intervals, as the battery goes flat. I'm parked out on the road, so I can't easily disconnect it, which would then leave it with no alarm.
Anyway, here's mine, after a good clean.

f-00042b.jpg

I’ve got the Monaro on a trickle charger, it remains on this most of the year. My ST225 is now on a trickle charger with leads (extended post trickle charger) from the garage to also keep it topped up. I have wondered if taking it out for a 1-2 mile drive would count as exercise!

Boredom has struck however, Friday I changed the O/S wing mirror as the old one had a crack and a few bits broken from the black plastic.

Yesterday I plugged the LED bulbs into the vacant sockets in the footwell, I guess it was just down to money saving or making money at dealerships given it was a dealer fit option to plug two bulbs in.

Today I might clean the Focus, the roads around Oxford are terrible, especially with the construction work going on.

I’m looking for a better exhaust as the standard one is somewhat restricted, the Mountune exhausts have shot up in value on eBay and they are impossible to source from the Mountune online shop. Given I’m running the MP260 map it’d be nice to stick with the brand, and on my old 225 it sounded good. The old one had to go as the gearbox destroyed itself one gear at a time until I was unable to reverse out of a space at work and had to be towed to a dealership. The dealership bought the car from me and I bought a new 2010 MK2.5 for the same price with a working reverse camera, NAV, climate (or whatever acronym Ford use) and auto lights & wipers. In ice white which seems to be quite a rare colour.

I had a sunroof on the old one but it was a pointless option added on as it was a demonstrator so all options were fitted. I’ll be getting the wheels resprayed when I can safely venture out. I had the tyres changed a couple of weeks ago, pre lockdown. Did a few changes using ELM config last week.

A full service is planned at some point when the dealerships begin to open again. I’m also looking at changing the wing mirrors to those on the RS, folding and have puddle lighting, but that’s when I can be bothered, no rush.

Last edited:
Soldato

Not much else to do, so a multiple hour wash, decontamination, clay, polish and ceramic coat, followed by wheel sealant, tyre dressing and glass sealant. Very happy!

CarPro C.Quartz UK 3.0 on the car, 2 coats
Topped with CarPro Reload
CarPro FlyBy Forte on the glass
Poorboys Wheel Sealant on the rims

Lovely, is that ceramic sealant easy to apply/use, looking to purchase a ceramic sealant when I get around to a polish.

Associate
Lovely, is that ceramic sealant easy to apply/use, looking to purchase a ceramic sealant when I get around to a polish.
Very easy, no real flash time to worry about, it's a wipe on buff off solution. Worth buying a few more of their cloths than provided though, I ended up using 6 or 7 applicators and 4 buffing cloths over the course of the two coats. Only advice I had was the keep the product bottle reasonably warm, so it was left near the radiator the night before and kept in my pocket when using, if it gets cold it gets a bit tacky so it's just for ease of use.

Permabanned
I’ve got the Monaro on a trickle charger, it remains on this most of the year. My ST225 is now on a trickle charger with leads (extended post trickle charger) from the garage to also keep it topped up. I have wondered if taking it out for a 1-2 mile drive would count as exercise!

Unfortunately, mine is out on the road and would need a very long extension cable. I am thinking of doing a quick drive every 3rd or 4th day, just to keep the battery up. I have the BOSCH S5 007 Battery on mine, and that is a beast, so it's not likely to go flat for now.

I’m looking for a better exhaust as the standard one is somewhat restricted, the Mountune exhausts have shot up in value on eBay and they are impossible to source from the Mountune online shop. Given I’m running the MP260 map it’d be nice to stick with the brand, and on my old 225 it sounded good. The old one had to go as the gearbox destroyed itself one gear at a time until I was unable to reverse out of a space at work and had to be towed to a dealership. The dealership bought the car from me and I bought a new 2010 MK2.5 for the same price with a working reverse camera, NAV, climate (or whatever acronym Ford use) and auto lights & wipers. In ice white which seems to be quite a rare colour.

Nice. Post a pic, if you can. Mine has a 5" straight through decat exhaust, it's loud - a bit too loud. RS injectors, RS Clutch, RS Plugs, GGR Cold Air Induction System, ModX Dreamscience map - roughly 300HP. Although, I have put it back to standard map while we are in this lockdown - it's just a waste of fuel to use the higher maps.

Soldato
Very easy, no real flash time to worry about, it's a wipe on buff off solution. Worth buying a few more of their cloths than provided though, I ended up using 6 or 7 applicators and 4 buffing cloths over the course of the two coats. Only advice I had was the keep the product bottle reasonably warm, so it was left near the radiator the night before and kept in my pocket when using, if it gets cold it gets a bit tacky so it's just for ease of use.

Thanks for the info, I hope to do this at some stage in the spring, whether I can do the complete car in a day is another thing though, I will possibly do a few panels at a time over the course of 2-3 days, so I need to plan it when we have a nice spell of weather.

Today I cleaned my car, checked tyre pressures and oil.

Associate
Thanks for the info, I hope to do this at some stage in the spring, whether I can do the complete car in a day is another thing though, I will possibly do a few panels at a time over the course of 2-3 days, so I need to plan it when we have a nice spell of weather.

Today I cleaned my car, checked tyre pressures and oil.

I found it doable in a day, but the paintwork was in pretty good condition on account of the car being built less than 2 months ago! Still came with the lovely dealer-supplied swirls all over though, so thanks to them for that. It only needed a reasonably quick single stage polish, but it was still a solid 9+ hours start to finish, with very little breaks.

Soldato
I found it doable in a day, but the paintwork was in pretty good condition on account of the car being built less than 2 months ago! Still came with the lovely dealer-supplied swirls all over though, so thanks to them for that. It only needed a reasonably quick single stage polish, but it was still a solid 9+ hours start to finish, with very little breaks.

Yeah my car is a 19 plate, got it a few months ago from a dealership, paintwork is ok but as you said has the swirls on close inspection.

9+ hours!, yeah I think I would need 2+ days :D

Just checked out that sealant, it comes with an applicator block and little cloths you wrap around the block I believe, is it just the cloths you mean to get more of or the applicator block as well?

Thanks

Associate
I've not managed to get any photos myself so these are the ones from the dealership:

8OwRyEu.jpg 12QkhAF.jpg

Not a bad interior for 117k, with the obligatory air freshener on the rear view mirror:

30TloU7.jpg

Another job is to remove that awful white Ford sticker on the steering wheel.

Don
I’ve never done this but if this lock down goes on for another 2-3 months then I guess I should really be sorning at least one of the cars if not two of them.

Do you just go online and do it? Then I guess get a tax refund and when want to back on the road just rebuy tax again ?

Yeah they just refund you for the months remaining. Then just rebuy the tax and you are instantly covered again. I'd never done it before either, but I can't see me leaving the house for 2-3 months so seemed worthwhile :)

Soldato
I just got a refund... in the form of a cheque.

How modern of the DVLA!
Yup, we got one back in February from selling the wifes car. We didn't get round to paying it in straight away and now we can't! Hopefully things will have sorted themselves out in the next 4 months otherwise it is score £85 to the DVLA :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom