• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Radeon RX 5700 XT Owners Thread.

Associate
Can anyone tell me what their reference 5700xt shows for stock clock speed in msi afterburner or wattman. I know the specs say stock is "up to 1905mhz" but I've not seen a 5700xt that says that low when at stock in any software ?

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
If you've left it at the stock 1.2 volts then it will likely be throttling. Run GPU-Z or HwInfo64 and get hot spot temp.

See above, I'm holding a 2097 boost at 1.15v.

Had a few crashes in MW with this OC. What voltage are people running to hit 2150? Also saw peaks of 95c hot spot. Although it was averaging 88.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
1.189v 50% power but I'm also watercooled. that being said I just run mine stock

Mines also water cooled. What hot spot temps were you seeing when running 2150.

What junction/hot spot temp are people comfortable with here? I know the chip can handle 110c and it sounds high because we wouldn't have known this reading a few years ago. Realistically an nVidia GPU running at 80c (edge) would likely have a hot spot of 100-110 since it looks like the delta between edge and hot spot is about 30.

Edit:

This link is useful, shows that a lot of AIB cards run between 90-99 junction.

https://www.computerbase.de/2019-09...tt_die_radeon_rx_5700_bleibt_deutlich_kuehler

I think I'll see what temps I get running 2150 which is more than the AIB cards AFAIK.

Last edited:
Associate
played WWZ for a bit with my fans and pump at 50%

p6pb18451820.jpg

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Yea same as what I've seen, which would be lovely if those temps were the same as playing modern warfare. 15 minutes of MW and max junction is 91c. To be fair those are blips, it seems to be fluctuating around mid to high 80s.

Permabanned
Had absolutely no problems with my Aorus 5700-XT, it don't run Wolfenstein The New Order any better than a R9 280X does, it drops below 60 all the time, so OpenGL is just as bad on RDNA... But what an awesome card!
Destroys everything else i play.

Had fun with this!

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
What model is considered the sweet spot at the moment in terms of price / performance / noise?

I'm considering getting one of these to upgrade my GTX970.

The Red Devil, Sapphire Nitro+ or the Aorus are good cards. Which ever you can get the cheapest. The Aorus has probably the best cooler.

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £1,251.03 (includes shipping: £11.10)

All have fan stop below a certain temp (IIRC it's low 50c). As long as you have good case air flow then these cards will won't spin up until you're gaming.​

Soldato
The Red Devil, Sapphire Nitro+ or the Aorus are good cards. Which ever you can get the cheapest. The Aorus has probably the best cooler.

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £1,251.03 (includes shipping: £11.10)

All have fan stop below a certain temp (IIRC it's low 50c). As long as you have good case air flow then these cards will won't spin up until you're gaming.​

4yr warrantry as well. specially the way amd cards mature with age over nvidia

Associate
Hi,

I know this varies from card to card, but have owners experienced much coil whine?

I'd always been lucky until I got my Vega 64, which I may replace with one of these.

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom