just ordered some new parts consisting of:

corsair 280x LED black
Gigabyte aorus rtx2080ti xtreme waterforce
Corsair h115i led platinum
aorus z390 pro WiFi mATX
16gb Corsair vengeance rgb pro 3600mhz
Samsung 970 m.2 500gb
Corsair rm750x

then a couple of other hdds I already have for main storage. I’m planning on using the thermal paste already applied on the h115.

Anything I’ve overlooked please?

many thanks
Jamie

Last edited:

J86

J86

Associate
OP
Thanks for the info.

wouldn’t it be ok running 3600 on the XMP profiles?

The RAM is too fast. You need only 2666MHZ speed, I'm not certain if you will be able to run it any faster than that as the 9900K memory controller max speed is 2666MHZ.

Soldato
Things overlooked?

- Doubled GB price for Samsung's brand hype.
- Ditto for memory with PC bogging down bloatware.
- Luxury price for future basic level core count...
- On dead end platform without upgrade path.
Courtesy of Intel changing CPU sockets multiple time per architecture for the joy of screwing people into butt.​
- Super hyper bad performance per money GPU, with lack luster performance in future game "tech" of raytracing.
- Desk space hogging expensive case with no flexibility to match.
- Marketing hype cooler which isn't better in continuous cooling per noise than cheaper high end heatpipe coolers.

Hope you have really big TV as monitor and surround home theater set to match that waste of money in something that actually gives return for money.

J86

J86

Associate
OP
not exactly what I was after, but thanks all the same

I literally just bought the best I could for my budget. What would you suggest differently that could compete? Mainly for gaming.
Thanks

Things overlooked?

- Doubled GB price for Samsung's brand hype.
- Ditto for memory with PC bogging down bloatware.
- Luxury price for future basic level core count...
- On dead end platform without upgrade path.
Courtesy of Intel changing CPU sockets multiple time per architecture for the joy of screwing people into butt.​
- Super hyper bad performance per money GPU, with lack luster performance in future game "tech" of raytracing.
- Desk space hogging expensive case with no flexibility to match.
- Marketing hype cooler which isn't better in continuous cooling per noise than cheaper high end heatpipe coolers.

Hope you have really big TV as monitor and surround home theater set to match that waste of money in something that actually gives return for money.

Soldato
There's a lot of people of late building rigs and then asking what people think afterwards for some reason.

Not the most logical way to do it, unless you're looking for internet points or something surely it'd have been better to ask prior to spending the money?

I'm inclined to agree with @EsaT tbh, there's a lot of money spent on that rig that I wouldn't have spent even with the same budget.

Out of interest what monitor are you plugging it into? There was a thread a little while back where a guy built something similar while using a decade old 1080P TN screen.

J86

J86

Associate
OP
there’s a few parts I haven’t ordered yet so thought I’d ask opinions before I complete the order

I’m using an XB271HU at the moment

out of interest what would you buy?

cheers

There's a lot of people of late building rigs and then asking what people think afterwards for some reason.

Not the most logical way to do it, unless you're looking for internet points or something surely it'd have been better to ask prior to spending the money?

I'm inclined to agree with @EsaT tbh, there's a lot of money spent on that rig that I wouldn't have spent even with the same budget.

Out of interest what monitor are you plugging it into? There was a thread a little while back where a guy built something similar while using a decade old 1080P TN screen.

Soldato
I'd probably opt for the following:

AMD 3700X or a 3900X (The PS5 and new Xbox will have something similar to the 3700X. The 9900K runs hot and is grossly over priced for what it is, then there's the constant security issues that pop up and the fact it's a dead platform)
Mugen 5 HSF or similar (A third of the price of the H115i, has fewer points of failure, more than ample for even the 12 core 3900X)
AMD 5700XT (Can be had for £350, I'd look to upgrade when the new Nvidia or AMD cards come out later this year. Putting down £1100 or more for a 2080ti would leave a bad taste in my mouth)
Gigabyte X570 Elite
32GB of E-Die RAM (Can be had for the same or less as the 16GB of Corsair RGB stuff you've bought and will probably hit better speeds when tweaked)
1TB Sabrent Rocket or WD Blue NvME (Cheaper than the expensive Samsung 970 and no perceivable performance difference)
A decent 650W PSU like a Formula Gold

I'd use a different case also, a Meshify or similar most likely, but cases are largely preference.

I'd probably pair the above with a Pixio PX7 Prime:

https://www.rtings.com/monitor/reviews/pixio/px7-prime

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom