Outdoor Access Point (30 meters?)

Associate
Hi,

Looking for recommendations on improving my home wifi setup.

We currently have a BT home hub at "point 0" which serves the home. I was already considering getting internet through to the workshop (~20 meters away) anyway however have purchased some Blink cameras for security, so it's now necessary. It would be advantageous if the second access point would broadcast outdoors another 25 meters.

I had been thinking about routing a cat6 cable down from the house however this is a lot more work compared to installing a repeater.

The home and workshop have thick stone walls, so I think I need an outdoor access point on the side of our house and another repeater outside the workshop....

How would you tackle this?

Thanks

WdIWeJG.png

Caporegime
A UniFi Mesh on the house, workshop (bottom right corner) and on the third building. UniFi Mesh Pro if the budget allows.

You don't have to do everything at once either, chuck a Mesh Pro on the house and see what the results are like, you can always add additional ones.

Soldato
The Mikrotiks I linked are link devices, not access points. The TP-Links can run as access points but they can’t be links and access points at the same time. The idea is that you use the Mikrotik links instead of a cable and you get a full 1Gbps link that you can plug the camera and a switch or second access point into.

Associate
OP
A UniFi Mesh on the house, workshop (bottom right corner) and on the third building. UniFi Mesh Pro if the budget allows.

You don't have to do everything at once either, chuck a Mesh Pro on the house and see what the results are like, you can always add additional ones.

Cheers. I think the Mesh Pro fits the bill best as I'm correct in saying there is nothing further required than connecting them up?

Associate
I have some of the Ubiquiti nanostations m5 loco ones, £40ish each and do a decent distance (far more than you need)

Back
Top Bottom