Anyone else seeing long Royal Mail delays?

Soldato
Clearly I’m aware that these are difficult times and there are going to be delays, but what’s everyone else’s experience of RM delivery times at the moment?

I know of at least 4 items we’re expecting at home which were posted more than 5 days ago (one was posted 11 days ago) and none of them have arrived yet.

Are we just really unlucky, or are the possible reduced service levels RM are reporting on their website playing the situation down somewhat?

Commissario
It's been a bit patchy here, I suspect they're having staff out, as I've noticed that the three deliveries I've had this last week have all been different posties (none of them our regular).

I've also just realised that a pre-order I received on Saturday is one that was shipped a couple of days after another one that hasn't turned up.

On a side note, I'm trying to avoid ordering stuff at the moment, but letting pre-orders sit.

Soldato
OP
Sounds like someone's been on an ordering spree!

Maybe if people didn't order excessively at this time then there would be less delays?

Sounds like somebody needs to stop making assumptions. I don’t have to justify myself to you but 2 of the packages are presents for my 2 year-old from her grandparents who miss her like crazy!!

Maybe if people only posted when they had something positive to say then the world be a nicer place? People like you are the reason I don’t come onto OCUK much any more.

Soldato
Only by a day or two max. Waiting for an oil plug washer that should have come today but I expect it tomorrow that's about the height of my delays. Had 2 DPD parcels delivered a day earlier than initially expected though.

Soldato
Sounds like somebody needs to stop making assumptions. I don’t have to justify myself to you but 2 of the packages are presents for my 2 year-old from her grandparents who miss her like crazy!!

Maybe if people only posted when they had something positive to say then the world be a nicer place? People like you are the reason I don’t come onto OCUK much any more.

Ooh, touchy.

Soldato
Clearly I’m aware that these are difficult times and there are going to be delays, but what’s everyone else’s experience of RM delivery times at the moment?

I know of at least 4 items we’re expecting at home which were posted more than 5 days ago (one was posted 11 days ago) and none of them have arrived yet.

Are we just really unlucky, or are the possible reduced service levels RM are reporting on their website playing the situation down somewhat?

Delays at the hubs items are left standing postie from local hubs said to me

Caporegime
Lots of people off ill or self isolating and some are sure to be taking the **** since they will be off on full pay. My local sorting office manager said the other day he had 50% off sick that day but its normally just a third off. The cleaner was maning the serving desk!!!!

Soldato
Sounds like somebody needs to stop making assumptions.
Yes, you do...
Try re-reading that post with a lighthearted perspective, particularly given the current climate!

Ignoring the fact that certain items will be prioritised, like medication, different elements across the industry will be hampered by various issues (staff loss, crime, massively increased workloads).
As is, I've had some items arrive first, despite being ordered days after other items that have yet to arrive. Delays are reported as 'possible' because not every area is inundated with mountains of post. I imagine London Central Hub is somewhat busier than the local sorting office in Horton-cum-Studley...

Soldato
I've had two first class small packets come within 48 hours. I guess it's just dependant of where it comes from and goes to for how busy they are. One of those was tablets, the other keyboard switches.

Associate
I work for RM, things are being prioritised or supposed to be and there's loads of people off at offices and hubs. I'm off at the minute (back Thurs) and work in an office of 60ish posties of which last time I heard 20 or so were off self isloating. And yes I know one or two that will be taking the ****. Can't help no more like I said i'm off, just passing on what I heard.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
If it makes you feel better I’ve been waiting since the 18th for my order from Powerhouse fitness. No dispatch info yet and their staff on web chat literally have no idea what their warehouse is doing. All they can tell me is there is a back log and no idea where my order is relative to that back log...

Back
Top Bottom