Final Fantasy VII - "Remake"

Soldato
Think I'll wait for reviews to see if it's worth the price considering it's split into 3 parts, but certainly won't be buying it at £60.

If you get vouchers from Shopto it works out around £50.

I understand though. I haven't pre-ordered a game since the PS3 era but this is one game I had to as FFVII is my favourite game of all time and the demo ticks all the boxes for me.

Associate

I understand though. I haven't pre-ordered a game since the PS3 era but this is one game I had to as FFVII is my favourite game of all time and the demo ticks all the boxes for me.

Thanks for the heads up regarding Shopto!

Soldato

Likewise, I never pre-order games anymore.

I'm struggling not to be hyped for this though, and the demo wiped out any concerns I had about the gameplay.

Associate
Just a heads up guys, I posted this in the pre-order thread I made but some might miss it:

https://www.shopto.net/en/sony-ps-membership/

ShopTO has a sale on for PSN wallet vouchers at the moment, I just bought £60 worth for £50 and pre-purchased the game on the PSN store after cancelling my physical order. While I'd rather have had the physical I suspect there's going to be delays, not an ideal solution but £50 is a little more palatable.

Trying to put an order through for these but the final page just sits at "Verifying" forever. :( Anyone else had issues? I'm Scottish so paying the extra £10 on PSN would cause me immeasurable pain.

Soldato
Trying to put an order through for these but the final page just sits at "Verifying" forever. :( Anyone else had issues? I'm Scottish so paying the extra £10 on PSN would cause me immeasurable pain.

My order went through immediately on Wednesday, although I was forced to pay via paypal for some reason.

Associate
Square-Enix have made an announcement today confirming that they are going to ship the game earlier than expected. This is due to the disruption caused by the COVID-19 virus.

They have even acknowledged that some people might even receive the game early, and for those who do, to try and be mindful for others.

I can only imagine that this means that SE have giving retailers permission to break the release date.

https://twitter.com/finalfantasyvii...Qu1aw5iwbYjPXzkYpgTjOwNAeCA-IF19gkK8dkVUAPxNY

Soldato
Apparently some people have already received copies.

Given many of us cancelled our physical pre-orders due to Square informing us there might be delays, only to now find out many of us would have been able to play up to a week early for £18 less while having a product with resale value?

It's a little annoying to be honest, it'd be nice if they launched it a little earlier for those of us now locked into a digital pre-order.

Soldato

Given many of us cancelled our physical pre-orders due to Square informing us there might be delays, only to now find out many of us would have been able to play up to a week early for £18 less while having a product with resale value?

It's a little annoying to be honest, it'd be nice if they launched it a little earlier for those of us now locked into a digital pre-order.

Many seem to be pushing them to release the digital version early. We might get lucky!

Soldato

Digital copies don't sell out. Zero reason to pre order digital more than a day out if you plan on preloading.

Soldato
Digital copies don't sell out. Zero reason to pre order digital more than a day out if you plan on preloading.

There was a sale on for PSN top up codes by ShopTO which saved people £10 off the PSN store price.

The sale may not have lasted up until the release.

See my earlier post:

Just a heads up guys, I posted this in the pre-order thread I made but some might miss it:

https://www.shopto.net/en/sony-ps-membership/

ShopTO has a sale on for PSN wallet vouchers at the moment, I just bought £60 worth for £50 and pre-purchased the game on the PSN store after cancelling my physical order. While I'd rather have had the physical I suspect there's going to be delays, not an ideal solution but £50 is a little more palatable.

Granted in my case I only spent £8 more than I would have if you ignore resale value on the physical, but my point stands.

Soldato
brace-yourself-pictures-7e2943df83.jpg

Back
Top Bottom