Trading the stockmarket (NO Referrals)

Soldato
I'd expect it to fall some still, just hesitating in this area is quite positive as it may go lower and very likely come back here so its not the wrong price as such even if cheaper happens. Bottom pricing will take a while to be confident on, this whole year probably.

Oil isnt staying low forever as not growing things to eat and so on, has to occur. All kinds of normal things take energy to do, many people will die but the population of the earth will increase this year and imo for many years forward so greater demand is the base line. Tell me they refined solar panel efficiency and its a greater threat then this pullback is to oil.

I think its worth some punt, ET $1.22 payout on a $4 share, they own a lot of infrastructure so have revenue at every price I guess. A while back this and WMB were a great bet as once again gas had fallen a lot back then mid merger deal. Not sure its true now but its nicely priced surely
https://seekingalpha.com/news/35569...tm_campaign=rta-stock-news&utm_content=link-3

Soldato
Looking at the charts then, it's an absolute ****show. This thing is so messed up, 2 trillion pumped into the economy and the DOW is struggling get back over 22k. This really is epic proportions meltdown..

Here is an interesting fact, when you say a trillion, people think its a lot of money, but it's hard to conceptualise eh..

Get this...

If one dollar represented one second of the day...

1 million would be 12 days
1 billion would be 32 years
1 trillion would be 32,000 years

Soldato
I wonder if one day Sonny will wake up and suddenly become self-aware. It's like he's an AI that's been trained on the internet commentary of awful people.

But back to the topic at hand...have the US hinted at further financial diarrhoea? Part of me thinks we'll see the same as post credit crunch again...years of stumbling, limping global economies and falling living standards in the West, and and insane upward march on the markets as the cash being printed floods to the only place giving a return....the only difference this time being the bailout being even more skewed in favour of business, at the expense of citizens.

Soldato
lol at the P/E ratio for Zoom, ~1700 atm. Granted the share has priced in future revenue but still way overvalued imo. I don't even know anyone that's paying for it, even people using it for business just log out and back in to reset their free session etc.

Bes

Bes

Soldato
Didn’t someone on here buy in a few days ago?
Madness - absolutely screaming short if you ask me. I think their next results will reveal how much of their popularity is based off free users as above.

Soldato
I wouldn't touch one of these revenue-less tech startups with a bargepole..although undoubtedly there is opportunity for gains with is much cash right now if you're the gambling sort.

I've maxed out my employee stock buying allowance for now (MSFT)....but still holding off on anything else.

Caporegime
Let me guess, toilet paper?

nope - fitness equipment.

gyms are all shut and people buying up anything including stuff they think they can use but really can't.

as an example - https://www.nintendo.co.uk/Games/Nintendo-Switch/Ring-Fit-Adventure-1638708.html

this game usually retails for around £50 or so. going for £200 on ebay.

dumbells that usually sell for like £20-£40 are selling for £200.

if you have any weights in your house sell them - i had someone travel over 2 hours yesterday to pick up a single kettlebell. and people on here said gumtree was dead/dying.

Soldato
After the 25% collapse in the FTSE, would it be a good time to invest some cash into a stocks and shares ISA? I'm not one for trading the stock exchange myself, but do have some cash I could invest.

Soldato
Didn’t someone on here buy in a few days ago?
Madness - absolutely screaming short if you ask me. I think their next results will reveal how much of their popularity is based off free users as above.

Especially given their costs will be skyrocketing simultaneously; any actual paid customers will still be offsetting free user costs. It's not like they run their own cloud services/data centres. Like the classic "if you want to increase mustard sales then give away free hot dogs", you'd do well to find out who they use for their backend, though that's basically AWS or Azure and for both of them Zoom will be a drop in the ocean given they're still arguing over the $10billion pentagon contract.

Bes

Bes

Soldato
I wouldn't touch one of these revenue-less tech startups with a bargepole..although undoubtedly there is opportunity for gains with is much cash right now if you're the gambling sort.

I've maxed out my employee stock buying allowance for now (MSFT)....but still holding off on anything else.
Same. I did invest in one small tech company I was considering a career move to - great company, disastrous SP performance unfortunately. Constantly asking myself if I massively average down or just cut my losses and get the heck out.

I’ve also maxed out my employee share purchase (not MSFT but another cloud computing giant) - we have only seen a modest hit in SP and these schemes tend to let you buy at very good prices anyway.

the only new investment I have made is in litigation financing as I think these companies are going to have an absolute purple patch when COVID-19 passes.

Bes

Bes

Soldato
Yep
Especially given their costs will be skyrocketing simultaneously; any actual paid customers will still be offsetting free user costs. It's not like they run their own cloud services/data centres. Like the classic "if you want to increase mustard sales then give away free hot dogs", you'd do well to find out who they use for their backend, though that's basically AWS or Azure and for both of them Zoom will be a drop in the ocean given they're still arguing over the $10billion pentagon contract.
Yep. the real winners are AWS/ MSFT/ or whoever provides their cloud infrastructure

Back
Top Bottom