Holidays 2020

Soldato
a simple failure to fulfill contract

That's BS

If they have cancelled it's a failure to fulfil contract

If you don't get anywhere then just do a section 75 claim on credit card
Yeah, in the process of doing that now. Banks are super busy with a LOT of people doing the same so it's slowwww!

We'll get it back, I'm fairly sure of that, just frustrating.

This is from the T's and C's of the Ski School for example:

If the resort is completely closed we will do our best to reschedule lessons where possible. If the resort is open (or partly open) the lesson will go ahead as planned. In no event shall we be held responsible or liable for any failure or delay in the performance of its obligations in a situation of Force Majeure; it being understood that we shall use reasonable efforts which are consistent with accepted practices within the snowsports industry to resume performance as soon as practicable under the circumstances.

Last edited:
Soldato
Ours got postponed as well. They are allowing us to rebook for next year... only issue is that the spawn will have started school so we'll have to go during school holidays which will double the cost.

I'm still waiting for confirmation of our wish to postpone until next March with the £100 discount. Getting a bit nervy now, we filled in the option form two weeks ago.

Soldato
I went to Miami at the end of January for my 40th Birthday, came back just as it was kicking off - I'm now realising until now how lucky I was!!

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I called BA once again as I'm over the 14 day period waiting for a refund, I was told yet another story about why I've not had my refund which I asked for on the 19th of March. They've informed me that the refund request was never sent to the refund team - brilliant! The agent says it's now been sent it to the escalations team in Manchester and I should have it within 3-5 working days. I await with bated breath.

The irony is that their call centres are in such high demand as people have to call for a refund and they don't allow the option online. I really hope that all these business who employ such shrewd tactics are bitten by what's going on and learn from their greediness. A refund should be as simple as click online and it's processed automatically. I feel sorry for the call centre agents, cabin crew, ground staff, pilots etc as it's not their fault but it still leaves a foul taste in my mouth about the whole company due to the money men making peoples lives more difficult than it should be in order to appease shareholders etc. It's the same as all airlines charging for checked baggage, so most people buy smaller suitcases to take on the plane with them. Then the plane is full so they then offer checked baggage for free so the hat racks aren't so full.

Soldato
I called BA once again as I'm over the 14 day period waiting for a refund, I was told yet another story about why I've not had my refund which I asked for on the 19th of March. They've informed me that the refund request was never sent to the refund team - brilliant! The agent says it's now been sent it to the escalations team in Manchester and I should have it within 3-5 working days. I await with bated breath.

The irony is that their call centres are in such high demand as people have to call for a refund and they don't allow the option online. I really hope that all these business who employ such shrewd tactics are bitten by what's going on and learn from their greediness. A refund should be as simple as click online and it's processed automatically. I feel sorry for the call centre agents, cabin crew, ground staff, pilots etc as it's not their fault but it still leaves a foul taste in my mouth about the whole company due to the money men making peoples lives more difficult than it should be in order to appease shareholders etc. It's the same as all airlines charging for checked baggage, so most people buy smaller suitcases to take on the plane with them. Then the plane is full so they then offer checked baggage for free so the hat racks aren't so full.

The reality though, is that if you make it too easy to get a refund, everyone will take that instead of a voucher and many airlines will cease to exist. It's frustrating, but you should be thankful that they're not fighting against a refund completely - many still are.

Soldato
As I said earlier in the thread I have Thailand booked in October, the advice has now changed to say do not travel indefinitely, I have the holiday insured(before all this kicked off so covered for COVID 19) and also paid for it with my amex so my question is should I call my insurance and cancel the holiday or should I hang on in the hope we get to go and claim nearer the time if that isn’t the case?

Soldato
As I said earlier in the thread I have Thailand booked in October, the advice has now changed to say do not travel indefinitely, I have the holiday insured(before all this kicked off so covered for COVID 19) and also paid for it with my amex so my question is should I call my insurance and cancel the holiday or should I hang on in the hope we get to go and claim nearer the time if that isn’t the case?
Have you checked the insurance policy to be sure? I took out a policy last November that states Pandemics are not covered.

Soldato
What advice has said not traveling indefinitely? Would be interested to see that so I can sort my holidays too ha

Soldato
Have you checked the insurance policy to be sure? I took out a policy last November that states Pandemics are not covered.
Virgin money policy, I booked mine in January and after the Iceland volcano I always include natural disaster cover
“Coronavirus related claims will be considered for any element of travel booked on or before 13th March, subject to the policy conditions and Foreign and Commonwealth Office guidance. Any element of your trip booked after this date will not qualify for coronavirus related claims.”

Commissario
Well the wedding we were due to be going to in Menorca in June has been postponed to September 2021, going to have the fun of cancelling the flights and Airbnb again!

Caporegime
Virgin money policy, I booked mine in January
“Coronavirus related claims will be considered for any element of travel booked on or before 13th March, subject to the policy conditions and Foreign and Commonwealth Office guidance. Any element of your trip booked after this date will not qualify for coronavirus related claims.”

The FCO advice is "The Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) is advising British nationals against all non-essential international travel at this time."

I doubt that's a basis on which you can cancel a holiday six months away now and claim on your insurance.

Soldato
The FCO advice is "The Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) is advising British nationals against all non-essential international travel at this time."

I doubt that's a basis on which you can cancel a holiday six months away now and claim on your insurance.
I don’t want to cancel as I want to go as long as it’s safe also I wont get the deal I got, I’m happy to wait until the last minute to cancel TBH

Soldato
Well the wedding we were due to be going to in Menorca in June has been postponed to September 2021, going to have the fun of cancelling the flights and Airbnb again!
AirBnB have been brilliant from everything I've heard. Super easy, no arguments for a full refund.

Back
Top Bottom