Doom Eternal

Soldato
Big DOOM 2016 fan not so much this far to scripted no choice

This weapon is good for this this weapon for that no ammo after two seconds get the chainsaw blah blah

The 2016 nailed it in feel and pace this feels like a backwards step

Gfx have improved but at a cost my frame rate is nearly half what i had in the last game 1070 6700k no option seems to make a difference apart from scaling mud o vision

Guess that's not 1080p your using then have exactly same setup/hardware as 2016 never moves from 144fps and have kind of got used to the platform bits that I initially hated

Soldato
Really enjoyed it great shot of adrenaline game could have been bigger for me.

set everything on max 100% scaling factor locked at 120fps at 5MP resolution

ne0

ne0

Associate
Got properly stuck on the section right after you pick up the crucible out of the big dead demon thing. That marauder is a serious pain in the arse!! Done it but took me about an hour of retrying lol.

BTW if you go back and do slayer gates that you missed in earlier levels it's amazing how easy it is with your new powered up weapons, I literally breezed 2 slayer gates last night.

B&W

B&W

Soldato
I'm on exultia, rebuild the celestial locator get to the exit portal. I am ******* sick of this jump jump dash ********. Doom never had this gay **** before. I cant get past it. :(

Caporegime
There seems to be a bit less of it where I've been to recently, though whether it increases again, later on, I don't know. I don't have a strong dislike for it but I'd rather there was a reduction in frequency.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Killed the Marauder, took me six or seven attempts but it was a nice surprise when it happened!

Edit: like with Doom 2016, even though I'd rather they had made it slightly more like a traditional Doom game, it's still good fun when you keep discovering new glory kills you haven't seen before.

Edit 2:
...got to the bit where I was facing a second Marauder. For some reason, I struggled more with this one than the first, twice narrowly missing out on reaching him in time to perform a glory kill. Very frustrating. In the end, I got lucky...well, some skill, but mainly lucky timing. I had just started the next attempt and as he charged at me, I must have timed a BFG shot to perfection. I thought what just happened!? And then I realized that the next part of the game was running and the Marauder was dead. :D

Last edited:
Associate
I'm on exultia, rebuild the celestial locator get to the exit portal. I am ******* sick of this jump jump dash ********. Doom never had this gay **** before. I cant get past it. :(
Can't believe people are still using words like "gay" as put down.

Associate
Shock, horror, its 2020, its so offensive isn't it. :rolleyes:

Ive just got to the Marauder. Geesh.

Love the lore and everything in this game. Great people interacting with the Doom guy, and the scientist audio clips on him.
I'm not someone who is going to crusade about it by any means believe me, just think people need to grow up a bit no? Very much a school boy term.

Didn't find the platforming that jarring aside from one specific bar near the end that felt a bit out of reach. Some of the panels you have to break in order to get into a duct were placed awkwardly, nothing a quick second attempt didn't fix.

Soldato
Just completed Doom Eternal, what a fantastic game. So such fun and such an adrenaline rush throughout. 9/10 Immense experience!

Having recently completed Doom 2016, then this, I do feel that Doom 2016 edged it slightly, In eternal ammo kept running out, I swear this was never a problem though in Doom 2016.

Caporegime
**** yeah. Got my rig up and running again and had my first boss fight. I love how it doubles down by fighting two immediately after :D.

Associate
Got properly stuck on the section right after you pick up the crucible out of the big dead demon thing. That marauder is a serious pain in the arse!! Done it but took me about an hour of retrying lol.

BTW if you go back and do slayer gates that you missed in earlier levels it's amazing how easy it is with your new powered up weapons, I literally breezed 2 slayer gates last night.

Just got to that bit. Died 4 times, and turned it off. The Marauder is just not fun. Its really annoying and IMO doesn't belong in a Doom game. It completely breaks up the combat. The first, boss 1 i stuck the difficulty on easiest and killed it after getting ****** off. The 1 at the start of this level you can nail with the BFG 9000 as soon as it appears, and the one in the secret combat encounter just done i turned the difficulty down again. Im playing on 2nd hardest and everything is fine, a good challange except this crap enemy.

Soldato
Marauders can be OP, particularly if your playing on pad as you need to break his attack with the ballistia then while he is staggered, run in and give him both barrels. Its tricky given his quick movement.

Do this 3-4 times, though, and he goes down (ultraviolence).

You can also 'cheat' if you have the bfg later on. Wait till his eyes go green then land a ballista shot. Immediately fast switch to bfg and fire whilst he is staggered. He's toast.

ne0

ne0

Associate
Just got to that bit. Died 4 times, and turned it off. The Marauder is just not fun. Its really annoying and IMO doesn't belong in a Doom game. It completely breaks up the combat. The first, boss 1 i stuck the difficulty on easiest and killed it after getting ****** off. The 1 at the start of this level you can nail with the BFG 9000 as soon as it appears, and the one in the secret combat encounter just done i turned the difficulty down again. Im playing on 2nd hardest and everything is fine, a good challange except this crap enemy.

tbh I think if it were just the marauder on its own it would be tough but not too bad. The problem is he's always got a load of lesser demons around him which just takes your focus off him. Basically he's a pussy and needs all his little buddies with him to make him look hard.

Back
Top Bottom