booting issues on new build

Associate
hello the forum,
hope you and yours are ok during this torrid time in our lives

so first the specs
i7 8700k (OC 4.6ghz) cooled by silverstone tundra superslim 240 AIO with Noctua NF-A12x15 FLX 120mm 1850RPM Fans
Asrock Z390 phantom gaming itx MB
16gb corsair vengance pro rgb 3000mhz (not OC)
PSU fractal design ION SFX 650w fully mudular
EVGA 970 GPU
Inwin A1 plus case

so the issue i am having is that the build rfuses to boot first time on a cold start,if i leave it for a day and come back to it i have to reboot by holding the power button to turn off 3-5 times before it will boot correctly and then it runs smooth as

your knowlege in this field would be much appreciated

Soldato
New hardware from two years past?
I would like to borrow that time machine of yours to go check some lottery numbers...:p

Not cold booting used to be typical problem of cheap capacitors gotten old.
Though guess new old BIOS battery going empty could cause also something similar.
So could try changing that.
Also you sure memory settings are correct in BIOS?

Associate
OP
New hardware from two years past?
I would like to borrow that time machine of yours to go check some lottery numbers...:p

Not cold booting used to be typical problem of cheap capacitors gotten old.
Though guess new old BIOS battery going empty could cause also something similar.
So could try changing that.
Also you sure memory settings are correct in BIOS?

thank you for the reply

not sure wether to laugh or take that comment as an insult.....it's a new build with semi old hardware and it's for my older brother who doesn't game and likes to have multiple windows open on his browser,and also a little bit of adobe photoshop now and then so my idea was to get him half decent specs in a mini itx build so all the parts came cheap i will try resetting the bios as i did update it to the latest for the board from asrock,didn't touch the memory but you mentioned settings...is there something i should do after installing the ram...?

Soldato
At least check that memory voltage is correct.
Enabling XMP should set all necessary settings correct, but it's definitely best to check that it's what's specified for DIMMs.
(every memory should run at JEDEC defaults if not using XMP)

Though really haven't heard much of this kind issues with Intel.

Back
Top Bottom