Rift s whos getting one?

Soldato
Currently have a GTX 1060 6gb
I was looking on the net and basically it was saying that the 1060 can only do very low settings in games??.

Do you know how your friends run?

Ive just been reading some benchmarks and i think a rtx 2070 super with run fine with my i5 7600k, slight bottleneck but still decent fps.
Before i hit the buy button on the rtx 2070 what do you think?

Get the headset and then decide if you need to upgrade the GPU or not.

Soldato
Gambled with an Amazon Warehouse deal, said they have stock due on the 7th April. The one I purchased said "as new" but repackaged so hopefully it'll be OK. Strangely the estimated shipping date is currently showing as 19th May, hopefully this will change in the next few days. Am thinking if it comes into stock, new, elsewhere I can cancel this order. Alteast this way i've hedged my bets. Fingers crossed.

Soldato
Gambled with an Amazon Warehouse deal, said they have stock due on the 7th April. The one I purchased said "as new" but repackaged so hopefully it'll be OK. Strangely the estimated shipping date is currently showing as 19th May, hopefully this will change in the next few days. Am thinking if it comes into stock, new, elsewhere I can cancel this order. Alteast this way i've hedged my bets. Fingers crossed.

Who is the seller? If it's not amazon directly I would not trust it at all.

Soldato
Should be alright then, get an alright discount on it?

Saw some warehouse deals popping up from scam sellers that weren't Amazon so just wanted to check.

I actually paid slightly over RRP for it. Couldn't find any other way of buying on with delivery next week. I refused to buy one off eBay and at least I have a degree of protection through Amazon.

That said, if anywhere gets stock between now and then, I'll cancel the order and buy the new unit instead.

Soldato
Mine arrived a couple of hours ago (a couple of days earlier than estimated). All set up and two happy children. I'll take a proper look later, but first impressions while I was setting it up were "exceeded expectations". When I've tried other headsets in the past I've immediately had a sea-sick feeling, but this seemed really intuitive and I didn't get that at all.

Associate
WOOO effin HOOOO :D

just had mine delivered there just now......

got 20 plus games installed and good to go.......

just need a big nappy and a bucket of pot noodle and ill see youse when this sh!t is over :p

:)

G

Soldato
Strangely the estimated shipping date is currently showing as 19th May
Amazon have been doing this sort of thing on lots of items they deem non-essential. I've placed an order for things that are essential for things I have to do, but are not things like food or sanitary products etc. and they've all shown estimated delivery dates of 1 month away.

One of those things has already turned up (four days after ordering)! So it may well arrive before the 19th May.

Back
Top Bottom