What have you done to your car today?

Associate
cleaned the daily 206 beater, had all 3 cars on a trickle charge over the last week.
planning on cleaning the wifes car next week and my weekend car the week after

Alex

Soldato
We are going to have a lot of heavy snow over the next week !!!! I have taken winter wheels off and put on summer alloys.

Also changed oil and filter - I hate those under engine plastic covers. Was going to cut a hole but it's not flat and plain - got loads of panels molded into it.

What would I do without the inspection pit in the garage.

Soldato
Excellent stuff, should work perfectly.

Can confirm, it worked very well. Exhaust all fitted...unfortunately I still need a new gasket for one join (part I'd bought was a tad too small so I had to reuse the original for now), but now I can use the ramps, should be easy to get the car up again when I get another one.

Associate
We are going to have a lot of heavy snow over the next week !!!! I have taken winter wheels off and put on summer alloys.

Also changed oil and filter - I hate those under engine plastic covers. Was going to cut a hole but it's not flat and plain - got loads of panels molded into it.

What would I do without the inspection pit in the garage.
Lucky.

Associate
Got my boost solenoid yesterday and fitted without problem(was really scared of dropping the nut), lost a nut to the battery bracket to hold the battery down so I had to go get another one and then end up buying a new battery anyway as the old one wouldn't jump start and the battery needed replacing eventually anyway being over 8 years now.
Managed to just get the stock airbox to sit in the Corksport intake hose which is a little bit shorter than the stock oem hose as it was made to fit with a MAF housing with the cone filter, going have to wait until next pay day to hopefully they will sell me replacement or i'll have to buy another one.

Soldato
the dashboard light is working again ... well the odometer

remove instrument panel, swapped with fog light light, for now, will look on ebay for whole unit, or just wedge bulb ?

unecessarily took apart and cleaned rheostat for dash brightness, as I had thought other lights were out too - need better online wiring diagrams

49737379248_3ca88dfc85_o_d.jpg

Soldato
Finished de-woodifying the interior of the wedge.

The old veneer was pretty cracked and horrible and non-original anyway, plus I don't think the wood ever really suited what was a pretty futuristic design back in the eighties.

Looked like this -
EA7oVS8.jpg

Have plastidipped it red for now. I'll probably wrap it at some point if/when the plastidip starts showing wear but thought I'd live with the colour for a bit and see how I like it. So far I do!

Purists look away now...
A709YVa.jpg

F2BqI2z.jpg

Man of Honour
Hooked it up to a trickle charger and adjusted tyre pressures.

Spent seveal hours yesterday washing the car..... got up today to find dust/crap and bird crap all over it.... why do i bother :mad:

So much car dust for this time of the year. The pollen hasn’t even started much yet. My car looks derelict, but without a garage there seems little point in touching it.

Caporegime
Hooked it up to a trickle charger and adjusted tyre pressures.

So much car dust for this time of the year. The pollen hasn’t even started much yet. My car looks derelict, but without a garage there seems little point in touching it.

A garage doesn't help either...mine looks like it's been parked in the Sahara for a month.

Back
Top Bottom