Multirotor, multicopter and quadcopter discussion - The Drone thread

Associate
Over-exposed by two or three stops at least.

Yeah, I normally use a LUT I got that is supposed to be good for DJI Mavic Pro drones that normally does the trick but blew this one out. Do you have any recommendations for one that looks better? I find if I look at the stock footage, it has a kinda grey look to it. I've probably got the settings wrong on the drone itself as well!

Caporegime
WHAT! it has hand launch/land... how did i miss this?

maybe its just ingrained into me to find an open space for launches and stand well back from my DIY multirotor days

You have the option of hand launch when you're about to set it off, it detects it's in your hand and gives you the option. Hand land is technically not a feature but its easy to tell it to land and put your palm out flat under it and it'll land and turn off. :)

Associate
Been able to get a fair amount of flying done, all launched from my garden so kinda geofenced by range!
Got me a little video of how the motorway near by looks during this outbreak. It's normally bumper to bumper :eek:

Ha, no way. I was in my garden on friday late afternoon and was buzzed a couple of times by a drone. Wondered what the footage might have been like from it, but it looks like this could be it. Don't suppose you took off from the Fen Meadow estate did you?

Associate
Ha, no way. I was in my garden on friday late afternoon and was buzzed a couple of times by a drone. Wondered what the footage might have been like from it, but it looks like this could be it. Don't suppose you took off from the Fen Meadow estate did you?

Yeah, we bought just before you, I can remember talking to you about it at the time! Based on where you live, quite possibly. I've been having fun with the drone and flying it over the Rugby field and watching people disperse, probably thinking it's a police drone :p Because of how close we are to the woods, I struggle to get much range going the other way (towards Junction 2 roundabout).

Associate
also just to add i picked up case and battery dock recently but more interestingly i got a friend to 3D print me a few storage containers that fit in the case underneath the controller and battery dock quite handy for keep things organised.

49751114407_ea3dc2f4b7_c.jpg

49751114532_650b6648c7_c.jpg

Associate
So I finally got a chance to fly my newest quad an ifilght DC3. Flew as it came, so the rates are too slow for my liking and it has terrible prop wash which i'll need to filter out, but overall pretty happy! Have not been able to fly for quite a while due to one thing and another. This was recorded on air unit but quality is terrible when put onto youtube!

Associate
DJI Air Unit, at 720p 60fps, the quality on youtube is terrible, on my computer its awesome. No sound on that setting for some reason I don't know why yet. at 1080p 30fps there is sound. I've only been flying 8 months on and off so still got a lot of practicing to do! This is a tiny 3 inch quad so quite hard to fly well.

Permabanned
Not sure you can complete it that way, you still need a practical assessment, unless its changed recently.
I know you need to still complete the practical test at some point, I was just curious about the e-learning aspect.

The whole thing is changing soon, Was meant to be in a couple of months but I have been told CAA are delaying till the end of the year. If you don't do your training and get your permit by the cut off date then you will have to do the new course.

So would you wait or get it done?

Back
Top Bottom