• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Radeon RX 5700 XT Owners Thread.

Associate
got a msi 5700xt mech oc upgraded from red devil rx590. Running ryzen 5 3600 16gb pro vengeance ram on msi b450 tomahawk max board using hdmi on a tv. Never had a problem with the old card installed the 5700xt last night was running fine then installed latest drivers choosing factory restore on install pc did a restart now I have no signal. Cant even see the boot screen had the card in and out 3 times reset bios tried displayport to hdmi lead. All to no avail any advice please would be welcome

Associate
Is anyone experiencing problems with RE3 Remake? I keep getting errors, the game freezes and closes. Same if i use DX11 or 12, i thought it was the OC but it's doing the same even at stock freq, thoughts? Driver used 20.4.1

UPDATE: went back to the 20.3.1, played for an hour without crash, funny how a new driver supposed to add support for RE3 is making the game unplayable!

Last edited:
Associate
got a msi 5700xt mech oc upgraded from red devil rx590. Running ryzen 5 3600 16gb pro vengeance ram on msi b450 tomahawk max board using hdmi on a tv. Never had a problem with the old card installed the 5700xt last night was running fine then installed latest drivers choosing factory restore on install pc did a restart now I have no signal. Cant even see the boot screen had the card in and out 3 times reset bios tried displayport to hdmi lead. All to no avail any advice please would be welcome
Remove cmos battery and 8 pin for mother board for 10-15 minutes, then try again.

Associate
So i have had my alphacool eisblock gpx fitted for 2 days now. i run low pump speed and slow fans, loop cooling 3800x cpu too. In resident evil 3 demo max temp i got on junction was 74. Max temp on core was 57. Not sure if that is good or not? volts and clocks all set to default.

I can remember when i first got the card playing witcher 3 i was getting into 90dg's

Last edited:

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
So i have had my alphacool eisblock gpx fitted for 2 days now. i run low pump speed and slow fans, loop cooling 3800x cpu too. In resident evil 3 demo max temp i got on junction was 74. Max temp on core was 57. Not sure if that is good or not? volts and clocks all set to default.

I can remember when i first got the card playing witcher 3 i was getting into 90dg's

Looks good. Run hwinfo64 in the background and run a graph for junction and clock. Would also be good to know your max voltage.

Associate
need and want an upgrade from my 480, is there a go-to version right now?

the https://www.overclockers.co.uk/powe...ddr6-pci-express-graphics-card-gx-19f-pc.html is very tempting, any reason not to go with the dual fan?

I had one of these but wasn't happy with the junction temp. Returned and upgraded to a Gigbyte OC version (more money) and thermals are much better. The Powercolor is good value but I would advise going for something with a better cooling solution. I'm running my kit in an old Antec 900 case so not amazing cooling.

Associate
I had one of these but wasn't happy with the junction temp. Returned and upgraded to a Gigbyte OC version (more money) and thermals are much better. The Powercolor is good value but I would advise going for something with a better cooling solution. I'm running my kit in an old Antec 900 case so not amazing cooling.

what's your junction temp? I have the same card and the junction temp playing RE3 goes above 100, it stays between 101-102 core between 85-90, stock no oc

Associate
what's your junction temp? I have the same card and the junction temp playing RE3 goes above 100, it stays between 101-102 core between 85-90, stock no oc

I can't test RE3 as I do not own it, but there is a demo on Steam (Resident Evil 3: Raccoon City Demo) so will download and see what I have.

Edit: at stock I get 61 and 75 or there abouts in the RE3 demo @1440P 60hz (i5 3570K @4.4ghz, 16gb, SSD). This may be different to what you are using.

Last edited:

LiE

LiE

Caporegime

Go for an under volt, stock these cards are 1.2v which isn’t needed. I’m running 2050Mhz with 1.07v.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Anyone had any crashing issues with F1 2019? A friend of mine is losing his wits with driver issues on this card, and while I don't doubt they exist, honestly I just do not get any. We do play a lot of different games, so maybe its just coincidental...but still. I am going to install F1 2019 and play it this week to see if I get any problems.

He said he can play for 3-4hrs with no issues but then it becomes a problem. He gets stutters and outright crashes. He also he had issues just over 1hr30mins into a game last night.

Associate
I can't test RE3 as I do not own it, but there is a demo on Steam (Resident Evil 3: Raccoon City Demo) so will download and see what I have.

Edit: at stock I get 61 and 75 or there abouts in the RE3 demo @1440P 60hz (i5 3570K @4.4ghz, 16gb, SSD). This may be different to what you are using.

Undervolting made a huge difference to me.

Associate
There's always the whole silicone lottery to content with too I guess but even a mild drop in voltage seems to work well.

in honesty I'm not even running my 5700XT at its "max performance" these days. i've a 1440p / 75hz freesync display so with the undervolt, a slightly lowered target clock and Radeon Chill it comfortably keeps within the 48-75fps range in slower single player games and still happily sits at the screens max refresh rate in MP games.

would be different if you are gunning to max a 144hz monitor of course but for my use case it probably more than I need anyway.

Associate

Thanks, I'm on 4K, but i put the quality of image to 90% instead of 100% so that i have 60fps most of the time

Go for an under volt, stock these cards are 1.2v which isn’t needed. I’m running 2050Mhz with 1.07v.

Which software do you use for undervolting? Radeon software?

Undervolting made a huge difference to me.

I'll try it thanks!

Soldato

Without increasing the power limit, you can't actually tell if that is stable. It's unlikely to be hitting the top clocks at which point you would be able to tell if 2.05ghz is actually stable on only 1070mV.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom