Final Fantasy VII - "Remake"

Associate
I'm finding the battle system a bit clunky - I wish abilities, using items and spells weren't all tied to the ATB guage. Perhaps game balance might be a bit too easy if say, using items, was independent from the ATB guage mechanic. Will see how the game goes ; in general liking it otherwise :)

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I'm finding the battle system a bit clunky - I wish abilities, using items and spells weren't all tied to the ATB guage. Perhaps game balance might be a bit too easy if say, using items, was independent from the ATB guage mechanic. Will see how the game goes ; in general liking it otherwise :)
Yeah it is not perfect, but it does the job. Certainly happy they went this way than what they did in FF15.

I would still have preferred if they stuck to turn based, but oh well.

Soldato
The combat was my biggest concern to be honest, I've found that the quasi real-time combat in Final Fantasy games has mostly been terrible. In fact, I'd say everything after FF10 was a bit crap in that regard, something I've always found odd as Square own the Star Ocean IP. The combat in Star Ocean: The Last Hope is a fantastic example of how combat should be done in an ARPG imo, if they'd put something like that into 12-15 I'd not have even minded the fact everything else in them was lackluster.

I was pleasantly surprised when I tried the demo for FF7R out, in fact it's what prompted me to bite the bullet and buy the game. I was genuinely expecting the absolute worst, and while not perfect it's at least enjoyable, something I think can be grown into something genuinely good in the later games.

Associate
Yeah it is not perfect, but it does the job. Certainly happy they went this way than what they did in FF15.

I would still have preferred if they stuck to turn based, but oh well.

I was thinking of playing it in "classic" mode which is as close to turn based as this game comes. But according to the in-game manual "classic" mode is equivalent to easy difficulty.

Soldato

There are various materia which makes ATB generation faster.

Soldato
I was thinking of playing it in "classic" mode which is as close to turn based as this game comes. But according to the in-game manual "classic" mode is equivalent to easy difficulty.

Classic isn't "Classic" it does all the combat for you automatically minus using the command menu.. and yeah, it makes the game super easy! If you play through on normal you'll unlock hard mode once you finish it.

Soldato
I was planning to sell my Pro once this epidemic settles down and play this sometime in the future on PS5 (or PC hopefully) but it looks so amazing that I really want to grab it now:p

Soldato
I will be... was planning on waiting til PC release but couldnt resist with us being house bound for the foreseeable! Mine sounds like it's going to explode these days while playing games :|

Soldato
I thought it was the 9th today lol... I would have got this but without random battles it's a possible no from me. I loved the original however, how can you farm without random battles? or am I missing something?

Soldato
I thought it was the 9th today lol... I would have got this but without random battles it's a possible no from me. I loved the original however, how can you farm without random battles? or am I missing something?

The same way you farm in any JRPG without random battles for the past 20-30 years I imagine. lol...

Usually you either zone out then back into areas, or if you move far enough away from somewhere within a set area enemies will respawn.

Soldato
Can a kind soul who has the game tell me if it's possible to set both audio and subs to Japanese? I know it was possible in XV.

My budget for gaming is pretty low now but that way I can chalk it up to practing Japanese, I've always done that with the Yakuza series, "It's just learning material, I need it":D

Soldato
Can a kind soul who has the game tell me if it's possible to set both audio and subs to Japanese? I know it was possible in XV.

My budget for gaming is pretty low now but that way I can chalk it up to practing Japanese, I've always done that with the Yakuza series, "It's just learning material, I need it":D

Just checked, can change the voice to jap but not the subs.

Associate
Just played a couple of hours and oh damn... the opening is totally perfect, had a tear I'm my eye. Combat takes a bit of getting used to and I also wish items were not tied to ATB but I am loving it. Looks like they have done the greatest game of all time justice !

Back
Top Bottom