Images of items I have purchased (except trainers)

Soldato
just had an operation and going to be off for a while, and although we don't have the same conditions as the rest of the world, I thought I gonna stay put at home for the next week or so. Therefore had these bought so I have something to do with my time and hopefully not climbing the walls that much ! :eek: :p

d8o6tw7.jpg

Soldato
just had an operation and going to be off for a while, and although we don't have the same conditions as the rest of the world, I thought I gonna stay put at home for the next week or so. Therefore had these bought so I have something to do with my time and hopefully not climbing the walls that much ! :eek: :p

d8o6tw7.jpg
Lush, my girlfriend casually said yesterday "I really want to get one of those adult Lego architecture sets". She's never shown interest before!

Associate
Managed to chuck my Gen1 Razer Phone at the floor and crack the screen over the weekend, upgrade was due anyway so grabbed a Xiaomi Mi Mix 3 5G

VQ0zROt.jpg
How would you rate Xiaomi's build quality I'm due an upgrade soon and was hoping to pick up either an S20+ or maybe the Mi 10 or Mi10 pro, I have a few Xiaomi devices like dashcam and 4k action camera and they seem pretty sturdy but want to know if their build quality will hold up over a two year contract

Man of Honour
How would you rate Xiaomi's build quality I'm due an upgrade soon and was hoping to pick up either an S20+ or maybe the Mi 10 or Mi10 pro, I have a few Xiaomi devices like dashcam and 4k action camera and they seem pretty sturdy but want to know if their build quality will hold up over a two year contract

Feels every bit as good as my previous Razer Phone and OnePlus 3T. I'm generally pretty rough on phones too.

I'm not the biggest fan of some aspects of MIUI but it's significantly better than I remember it being from my days of constantly swapping and changing ROMs on my Galaxy S2

Soldato
I found the last screen, although great, didnt like some games at the resolution, so I thought reverting back to a standard ratio screen was needed for my uses.

Your 49" was 32:9 right? I have a 34" 21:9 and I do love it, although on occasion I do sometimes think I may change back to 16:9. Like you say, some games just do not like SUW or UW. Other times though I just find that I am putting some graphical settings down for the sake of some extra width, which is not always translating to better gaming. Does that make sense?

Soldato
Your 49" was 32:9 right? I have a 34" 21:9 and I do love it, although on occasion I do sometimes think I may change back to 16:9. Like you say, some games just do not like SUW or UW. Other times though I just find that I am putting some graphical settings down for the sake of some extra width, which is not always translating to better gaming. Does that make sense?

Yes mate, totally agree, im glad to be on 16:9 again. But I still loved my 49" tbh :D

Soldato

Why not just run in letterboxed mode then, or even windowed, and have some stuff on the sides?

Soldato
Why not just run in letterboxed mode then, or even windowed, and have some stuff on the sides?

All good questions. Erm...some games I actually do play at 16:9 where they do not support wider. I suppose that is a limitation of software and not a reason actually. When I am playing a game I like to be fully immersed as much as possible and so Windowed does not suit this for me.

Hardware wise I know that 144+ monitors are getting more common and fairly affordable now for mid-high quality and features so thats a lure for me too.

That said, I know I really like 21:9 for desktop usage and so I would miss that. A hard one really.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
A few things to keep my sane while stuck at home.

Some more car cleaning bits from CarPro.

DSCF8467.jpg

DSCF8468.jpg

and upgraded my hipster level 5 with some coffee kit. Trying out pour over. First cup tastes pretty good with the San Fermin.

DSCF8480.jpg

DSCF8481.jpg

DSCF8483.jpg

Caporegime
A few things to keep my sane while stuck at home.

Some more car cleaning bits from CarPro.

DSCF8467.jpg

DSCF8468.jpg

and upgraded my hipster level 5 with some coffee kit. Trying out pour over. First cup tastes pretty good with the San Fermin.

DSCF8480.jpg

DSCF8481.jpg

DSCF8483.jpg

You'll be buying an electric grinder soon, I have a Hario mini and it's a lot of work. I bought a DeLonghi KG79 after a few weeks.

Back
Top Bottom