LG c9 OLED

Associate
I'm loving my new TV ! it's a thing of joy. One problem i can't spot the solution to though - i have added the Virgin v6 box to the tv's remote and it now has full control of it, but the volume controls no longer work on the old tivo remote even though it is happy to let me change channels using it. Am i missing something obvious or is it just the way it has to be? Thanks.

Soldato
I'm loving my new TV ! it's a thing of joy. One problem i can't spot the solution to though - i have added the Virgin v6 box to the tv's remote and it now has full control of it, but the volume controls no longer work on the old tivo remote even though it is happy to let me change channels using it. Am i missing something obvious or is it just the way it has to be? Thanks.

Buy a audio system the TV speakers are utter crap. Then disable tv speakers

Associate
Does the LG OLED C9 series have PiP or PbP? I’ve looked but can’t seem to find it in the settings or menu. I’ve also googled and can’t find a conclusive answer so hoping this thread can help.

Soldato
I fitted it today, even though it's lightly than the 46 it's replaced (temporarily), due to the mounting points being so low, lifting it to 6 foot off the floor was hard work, it was a bit hairy at times. What processing settings so you guys use, I've got everything off as by default there was slot of judder, I've got sharpness set to 15 as it seems to he a good compromise between arifacts and too soft.

Soldato
I fitted it today, even though it's lightly than the 46 it's replaced (temporarily), due to the mounting points being so low, lifting it to 6 foot off the floor was hard work, it was a bit hairy at times. What processing settings so you guys use, I've got everything off as by default there was slot of judder, I've got sharpness set to 15 as it seems to he a good compromise between arifacts and too soft.

I posted my settings a while back, search for one of.my posts.with settings

Caporegime
Can pick these up at good price now. Genuine question. I have seen a lot of tvs including my parents Sony A55 and still I can’t help think mine has better motion and such a natural look even on SD feeds, so...

Is a C9 going to be better than a 5090 Kuro in every regard or am I going to be disappointed somewhere?
I game a fair bit and the kuro Motion is amazing but I know the input Lag on the C9 is prob the best out there

Caporegime
Motion is better on the newer 9 series from LG but some people still have issues with it, particularly when coming from a plasma. The input lag is spot on but that's something entirely different to motion, however, I've only seen complaints with motion when watching certain content like panning scenes in nature documentaries. I've not seen any complaints in regard to motion when gaming as the image is being rendered rather than played.

Soldato
I thought they'd provided the near black flash/low bitrate fixes to 8 series ... and just (marmite) bfi on the 9 .
but 1K c8 , 1.2K c9 's definitely in the right direction.

Soldato
Can pick these up at good price now. Genuine question. I have seen a lot of tvs including my parents Sony A55 and still I can’t help think mine has better motion and such a natural look even on SD feeds, so...

Is a C9 going to be better than a 5090 Kuro in every regard or am I going to be disappointed somewhere?
I game a fair bit and the kuro Motion is amazing but I know the input Lag on the C9 is prob the best out there

I went from Kuro to c9. Happy with 15" bigger screen, brighter as well.

Occasionally I've seen flickering in sky gradients but it's not often. Watched BBC planet earth and panning is fine. Don't watch football.

As looks good too not bad scaling mkv as to 4k .

Soldato
C8 supply must be drying up, so they must be lowering C9's now to maintain sales ....
what were the motion problems associated with C8, that hadn't been patched - then ?

Soldato
Don't watch football.

So a modern OLED TV still can't handle football properly? That's disappointing.

My Panasonic 902B is coming up to 4 years old and is almost out of warranty - it's still looking good to my eye though. I'm thinking I'd maybe move it to my office and put a 65" C9 in the living room, am I going to be impressed?

Soldato
So a modern OLED TV still can't handle football properly? That's disappointing.

My Panasonic 902B is coming up to 4 years old and is almost out of warranty - it's still looking good to my eye though. I'm thinking I'd maybe move it to my office and put a 65" C9 in the living room, am I going to be impressed?

Just because I don't watch football doesn't mean oled can't display football motion properly.

Soldato
I took your comment too literally, apologies.

I've just read through much of the screen burn thread, I'm now thinking I'd prefer an OLED with a better panel cooling solution like the Panasonic 65GZ200B or go cheap with a Samsung Q90R and avoid the potential issue comepletely. TVs, never a simple choice.

Back
Top Bottom