GTA IV gets update

Soldato
GTA IV has been updated :D

Added error code "WTV270" to indicate a problem with connecting to Windows Live Sign in Assistant / Games for Windows Live Servers.

Added Windows 8, 8.1, and 10 to compatible OS check.

Added Display Controller image in Controller Configuration.

Fixed a bug which made completing "Out of Commission" mission impossible when frame rate exceeds 60fps.

Fixed a bug with the "Resource Usage" indicator on graphics cards with more than 2GB of VRAM.

Fixed a bug that restricted settings changes when using modern video cards.

Fixed a bug with the map crosshair on certain resolutions.

Fixed a bug with text scrolling in "Brief" Menu.

Fixed "drawlist overflow" crash.

Minor performance optimizations.

Finally finish the game without having to disable all but one of the cores on my CPU

However Roman will still call and ask you to go bowling

Soldato
Shame they didn't do the work of stripping Games for Windows Live out completely. Many other companies have gone back and done it for their games which were infested with that malware.

Soldato
Quite surprised they have even bothered doing anything with GTA IV now,I wish they would remaster it for the PS4!

GTA IV + its DLC/Expansions were the best!

Soldato
OP
So it will actually work on Windows 10 machines now?

Works on win 10, Still need a GFWL sign in to save.

Otherwise, just as I remember it LOL

Played for 20 mins, Frame times are still abysmal and still a CPU hog, so no different there.

However is silent gamning as my GPU fans never even spooled up :D

Soldato
So does the game finally perform properly? Never even finished this one, as despite the great content, performance was broken on PC - and yes even on quad cores with lots of memory and VRAM.

Soldato
So does the game finally perform properly? Never even finished this one, as despite the great content, performance was broken on PC - and yes even on quad cores with lots of memory and VRAM.
I never had a issue on the PC version at all. This was on a 290x however and AMD had game ready drivers. 980Ti runs the game fine and also my 1080ti. I thought This GTA was very well optimised for such a big game.

Soldato
GTA 5 runs great on relatively modest hardware.

GTA 4 runs like hot garbage on everything. It's horribly optimised which is a great shame as in many ways I prefer it.
The hell are you talking about it runs on 60 fps @4k and maxed on my 980Ti & 8700k ?
GTA 5 runs much worse, like it barely manages 35 fps at 2160p...

Anyhow, GTA 4 has been updated to GTA 4 Complete and GFWL removed. Been repaying it in the past few weeks.
One thing that really annoys me is the non realistic sound of the cars engines.

Eg. the car I had IRL, the Galant (Vincent in Gta 4), sounds like a 4 cyl car ingame (also odd, it has a longitudal l6 engine if you damage the hood, while IRL it's a V6 &mounted lateral, but ingame like in real it's FWD, longitudal engines make no sense in FWD...) , same for the ''Feroci'' (Honda Accord) which even says 3.0 V6 ingame on the back of the car but sounds like a turbocharged 4 cylinder?
Pretty much all the older V8 Saloons also sound like 4 cilinder ****.

Is there a nice mod that updates the engine sounds to make them more accurate to what is actually driving the car? It sounds silly but non realistic engine sounds ruins the driving for me in this game. E.g. you enter a nice old V8 like a crown vic and it sounds like a European/Japanese eco **** bucket.
Also the Honda Civic/CRX (Blista Compact) sounds very non revvy instead of ''VTEC powerrrr'' BRAPPPAPAPAPAPAP.

TL: DR: Is there a mod that accurately updates all the cars in gta 4 with accurate engine sounds? Most of the cars sound rubbish in this game and not anywhere near accurate.

Back
Top Bottom