Patio edge child friendly

Associate
I’m not a parent, but it doesn’t really look to be that much of a death trap?

but yes, could be a good time to improve the health and sturdiness of the grass as well?

Soldato
Having done it myself, I'd be more worried about tripping over something on the grass and whacking my head on the edge of the patio. I was no toddler either.

I can assure you if that was my garden I'd be doing something about it regardless of kids. Concussion and stitches in your head isn't a good look.

Associate
OP
Arh thought so, I'll give levelling it a go.

My only issue it would be a slope as I have a door on the other side:

3V5apYC.jpg

Soldato
Adding something to the edge isn't going to stop trips, I'd be tempted to level the grass, is it possible to remove a width of papers or raise the height of the gate by an inch or so just to give it a more gentle incline?

Associate
OP
You can get stuff like this: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/164113553011

it's for fireplaces, we've something similar but i'd say better quality. Just glues/sticks to it but it's not the pretiest thing to look at

Good idea - but still a trip hazard I guess.

Adding something to the edge isn't going to stop trips, I'd be tempted to level the grass, is it possible to remove a width of papers or raise the height of the gate by an inch or so just to give it a more gentle incline?

Yes, I can just cut it away. Possibly the best route. Cheers.

Associate
You could level the lawn up to the height of the patio.

I'd do this, just be a bit steeper near the gate.

I'd even consider extending a path to the gate as well to save wear on the grass - could you raise the gate a bit and have a step on the line of the gate, and then level the lawn around it all.

Back
Top Bottom