Associate
Hello all,

I'm 16 years old and decided I wanted a gaming / work pc.

So the grueling task of looking at parts and comparing specifications started. I started to look into water cooling, this didn't take my fancy to start with but the more I looked into it the more desiring it became.

I'm planning to build my PC in a Lian Li O11D XL ROG certified case, I like these cases as they allow for a clean and classy look with enough space to expand if I ever needed to.

I'll be showcasing all my components and a breakdown of my build, as I am fairly new to watercooling I'm open to any recommendations and tips.

The parts i'm looking to use are:
Case: Lian Li O11D XL (ROG certified case) Black
Motherboard: Asus Maximus XI Hero Z390 Chipset
RAM: 64GB Corsair DDR4 Vengeance Black 3200Mhz
Processor: Intel Core I9 9900K Coffe Lake
PCU: 1200W Corsair HX1200i
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce 1080ti Strix 11GB

Watercooling parts:

Radiator:
EK-Coolstream PE 360 Triple Rad
Fans: 6x EK-Vardar EVO 120ER BB
Cooling Blocks: EK-Quantum Velocity Nickel + Plexi CPU / EK 1080ti Block and Backplate
Coolant: EK-CryoFuel Solid Laguna Yellow
Reservoir: EK O11D G1 Distro Plate

I'm going for a clean black and yellow theme, all my components will be black but the fluid will be solid yellow giving the case a glow from the coolant.

I have built a number of air cooled PCs', so I'm going for a quieter build this time as when I'm gaming I wake the neighborhood up with my fans.

Once again, any recommendations will be much appreciated. I hope you all enjoy my build!

Soldato
Fair point, I reckon he's a famous twitch streamer raking in millions.
Could be
Or one of those that do bug bounty for finding security flaws in Web browsers or other software
There's probably a good few 16 year old millionaires who made the money themselves by doing any of what we mentioned
It's got to be the time a young person has the most chance ever to get rich
As say youtube needs little financial outlay just a camera and some editing software can get you started

After all those ideas they will probably say their dad is bill Gates or something :D

Associate
OP
@orbitalwalsh

Yes I already have the 1080ti, otherwise I probably would've gone with the 5700XT or saved up a bit for the 2080ti because why not.

I use Photoshop, lightroom, Illustrator and Premier Pro on a regular basis hence the need for the extra RAM...

I decided to go with the FLT 360 D5 EK Water block as I thought this would look cleaner than the O11D Distro plate, just getting round to taking some photos now.

Associate
OP
@hlennie

I have the D5 PWM Pump pre fitted to the 360 FLT EK water block, after looking at some reviews and forum posts, this looked like the best option for my needs.

As for fittings I went with EK Torque HTC 16mm.

Associate
As someone who's gone from 128GB down to 32GB in the last 2 years I have seen absolutely no advantage in having more than 32.

This is running VM's, Video editing, Gaming.

Save the money and spend it on something else is my advice.

Associate
OP
As someone who's gone from 128GB down to 32GB in the last 2 years I have seen absolutely no advantage in having more than 32.

Ok brilliant thanks, I'll just stick with 32GB then if that's the case.

Soldato
@orbitalwalsh

Yes I already have the 1080ti, otherwise I probably would've gone with the 5700XT or saved up a bit for the 2080ti because why not.

I use Photoshop, lightroom, Illustrator and Premier Pro on a regular basis hence the need for the extra RAM...

I decided to go with the FLT 360 D5 EK Water block as I thought this would look cleaner than the O11D Distro plate, just getting round to taking some photos now.

Would wait for intel 10th Gen launch very soon, slightly ******* but not long . Better pricing for extra threads

Soldato

Then you've never used Adobe Dynamic Link with Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator and Audition running at the same time. Try doing a RAM preview inside AE before committing back to Premiere with only 32GB RAM. And I'm talking only 1080p, not 4K.

Back
Top Bottom