• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

i5-8400 with RTX 2070 Super...Worth upgrade the CPU?

Associate
OP
Are your games stuttering or are they butter smooth? Check your CPU usage. If it's causing you a bottleneck then upgrade it.

Good advise! I tried checking that with warhammer II and msg afterburner software but cannot clearly understand what is going on. The game seems to be using 100% one cpu core and the GPU is not 100% utilized all the time.

Soldato
Good advise! I tried checking that with warhammer II and msg afterburner software but cannot clearly understand what is going on. The game seems to be using 100% one cpu core and the GPU is not 100% utilized all the time.

As @MartinPrince said earlier the best thing for that would be a clocked up 9600k or 8600k.

They clock around 25% higher than your 8400 and that's whats holding you back.

Associate
OP
I think indeed the only "upgrade" could be the 9700k for which I would need around 220€ (buying used at 350€ and selling mine at around 130€). Still I am not convinced I would see any big difference. Maybe after all the 2070S just isn't that much better than the 1070 for 1440p. From the Afterburner software during the battle, I do not see any of the cores hitting 100% whereas the GPU is 99%...

Back
Top Bottom