• Series S

Votes: 104 11.8%
  • Not interested

Votes: 230 26.0%
  • Both

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
Soldato
I hope they remaster the other Gears of War games, it was such a shame they didn't get updated. In particular I'd love to see Judgement with the highest textures & some better lighting. The level design artistically was probably the best in that one compared to all the others.

Soldato
I'd really love a Splinter Cell reboot, but I doubt that's it.
Pretty sure Halo is confirmed as a launch game. Can't see Forza 9 missing the boat either.

I'd love a Project Gotham 2 remake... but that'll never happen :(

Caporegime
OP
I hope they remaster the other Gears of War games, it was such a shame they didn't get updated. In particular I'd love to see Judgement with the highest textures & some better lighting. The level design artistically was probably the best in that one compared to all the others.

Me, too! Or at least port them to PC. But unbeknown to Xbox, those missing Gears games (2, 3, Judgement) as well as some other games like Viva Pinata, Kameo, Red Dead Redemption are going to get me to pick up an Xbox Series X at some point. Gears is one of my favourite franchises and I'm really enjoying Gears 5 this weekend (it's free!) but I've forgotten what happened because it's so long since I played Gears 2 (which is where Niles was introduced, I think).

Soldato
To me it's time to take a chance.

I get they need a big Microsoft title to sell it but in reality these franchises are long in the tooth. Ie lack of original and creative inspiration.

I agree and my current xbox one became little more than something to run Forza/halo on as I found myself spending more and more time on PS4 and Nintendo switch instead. Whilst I want and expect to see halo and Forza on the Xbox it'll take more than just those franchises to tempt me to buy one.

Microsoft Flight sim would be a great franchise to have and be able to run at max detail on a £500 console without requiring a high powered pc to run it. MS would need to be far more open with their peripheral and controller support for this to happen though.

Last edited:
Soldato
Me, too! Or at least port them to PC. But unbeknown to Xbox, those missing Gears games (2, 3, Judgement) as well as some other games like Viva Pinata, Kameo, Red Dead Redemption are going to get me to pick up an Xbox Series X at some point. Gears is one of my favourite franchises and I'm really enjoying Gears 5 this weekend (it's free!) but I've forgotten what happened because it's so long since I played Gears 2 (which is where Niles was introduced, I think).

I actually started with 5, though saying started is a bit generous as it took me about 3 re-installs to get into it, and even then it was only after watching the first ones did I finally 'get' the Gears atmosphere. Got myself all the books & comics now and am enjoying that while I wait for Gears Tactics. I think the Gears games are pretty good but MS doesn't quite take advantage of what makes them so good: the atmosphere & world-building rather than the focus on being a third person cover based shooter. But I think they know that because they are trying to open it up a bit past that, testing the waters with open-world sections in Gears 5 & all the off-shoots like Gears Pop & Tactics. We'll see if they succeed but a Divison-like Gears or even a first person version would be oh so good.

Soldato
I loved the first gears game but never really felt the franchise ever moved with the times and progressed much beyond that point.

Actually, now you mention it, a division/destiny open world MMO gears game would be a really cool direction for the franchise IMO.

Soldato
It'll be interesting to see if they shake up core entries in their major franchises, or whether they keep Halo as the old-school FPS, Gears as the third-person shooter, Forza Motorsport as the track sim, Horizon as the open-world racer, etc.

I would like to see them change things up a bit. And by that I mean rethink how core franchises work best in 2020, rather than just adding a Battle Royale mode and calling it job done.

Soldato
I would like to see them change things up a bit. And by that I mean rethink how core franchises work best in 2020, rather than just adding a Battle Royale mode and calling it job done.

Though I think a battle royale version of halo would be pretty awesome especially with squads and the vehicles :cool:

Soldato
Surely if Ubi wanted to remake the SC series they'd have done so this gen?
They recently said something along the lines of "We still have plans for SC, but we don't want to just release more of the same/want to do it justice". But then they made a mobile tactics game, and shoehorned Sam into Wildlands, so who knows wtf their strategy is!

Soldato
No love for Perfect Dark? ;)

Fable is practically confirmed. Lots of hinting about "an open-world RPG" combined with leaks and people accidentally confirming its existence. It's being made by Playground Games (Forza Horizon).

Perfect Dark is rumoured to be the mentioned reboot, with The Initiative reimagining the franchise. Speculation is that it's set to be a third-person stealth game.

I'll be surprised if there isn't a new Forza to show off as well. Plus, more info on Halo Infinite, Everwild, CrossfireX, Senua's Saga, Microsoft Flight etc.

The icing on the cake would be a new Banjo. Double Fine need a project for after they finish Pyschonauts 2, and they seem like a good choice to take over from Rare.

I don’t know perfect dark, it must have slipped past me.

Soldato
They don't, CDPR managed to buy the rights to the media for the Witcher universe from the author and given CDPR's track record for keeping gamer's happy, I'd highly doubt them having any sort of brand exclusivity as they have a neutral stance on platforms.

Shawrey

Yeah remember rumours of Xbox trying to buy them but that was never going to happen.

On a side note it's a shame we won't see Geralt in the next game.....

Back
Top Bottom